gmail address problem

carlgordon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, someone has signed up to PayPal using my email address but with a dot in - which gmail recognises as mine - for example my email could be [removed] and someone has recently signed up to Paypal with [removed]  - and as part of gmail rules all emails from that account also go to me, so why doesn't PayPal require you to validate the email? I've tried contacting PayPal to ask that they need to contact the person to change the email a while ago but nothing happened. I've also tried to reset the password but it only resets via a cell number. Any other suggestions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

carlgordon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Hopefully that works

Login to Me Too

carlgordon
Contributor
Contributor

Still waiting on PayPal to get back to me. The PayPal user is still using my email

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @carlgordon and welcome, 

This is a difficult one as if we reach out to the person you will probably receive the email. Everyone is asked to verify their email address but I would imagine you would also receive this email. Did you follow the steps in the link @kernowlass provided you with. It can take some time to get a response. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.