Payment notification missing

HanusiaT
Contributor
Contributor

I recently saw notification of a large payment. Did not have time to deal with it, but went looking later and can’t find the notification (not in PayPal, not in any email, trash or spam) nor any trace of the activity. 

Might it be “held” because the receive $$ aspect is new and it’s a large amount? Would there not be a message about this in message Centre? 

Thanks for any insights or advice.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @HanusiaT,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

I can see how receiving that payment notification would be concerning to you. If you receive any email about activity on a PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the email’s validity is to log in to a PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view in your PayPal account. I would suggest you to check your activity in your PayPal account as well as the debits and credits in your linked financials. If there's no transaction as per the notification, please ignore it. If you find the notification, please forward it to phishing@paypal.com and view this web page for more information on phishing emails. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.