Unauthorised Uber payment scam

HeatherB147
Contributor
Contributor
I have just discovered 3 payments taken in the last few months. I did not set up this payment agreement. The reply from PayPal resolution centre says “ We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case and we've determined there was no unauthorised use.” That really worries me because my money is not protected on PayPal account. I am thinking to close my account totally.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

HoneylettTandun
Contributor
Contributor
Indicates a required payment
Login to Me Too

HeatherB147
Contributor
Contributor
Shame on those people.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @HeatherB147 and @HoneylettTandun,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about the unauthorized activity in your account. No need to worry! We offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. It's possible that these charges are associated with the billing agreement payment that you signed up with the merchant in the past.

You can check the steps on how to update and cancel the billing agreements in your PayPal account here. In this situation, your best option would be to reaching our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.