Does paypal offer SELLER protection when order fulfilled but credit card was not authorized?

shopatmatter
Contributor
Contributor

We have reCAPTCHA and woocommerce fraud "minimizers" on our account, and yet 2 transactions have recently gotten through. We even were in phone and email contact with one of the purchasers. In both cases, the orders were fulfilled ($200 each). We were notified that the credit cards used were not authorized. Are there any SELLER protections from PayPal? We have lost $400 in product and apparently we are the only losers while the BUYERS are fully protected, what about the SELLER?!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @shopatmatter,

Thank you for joining our community help forum!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. PayPal Seller Protection helps the sellers from losing money to claims, chargebacks and reversals that are a result of unauthorized purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive. You’re covered for the full purchase amount on all eligible transactions. You can learn more about PayPal Protection, by clicking the Legal and then PayPal Account User Agreement at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

shopatmatter
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for responding. I have “learned” about the policy, but I see no way to actually engage that policy, which leads me to believe that PayPal says they provide such protection, yet there is no path that I’ve been able to discover that leads me to seller protection claims or a customer service rep to answer my question.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @shopatmatter,

Sorry for the inconvenience! In this situation, your best option would be to reaching our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.