Scammed by fam

Jgo314
Contributor
Contributor

I believe that all of us have been Deceived at one point In time. It’s maddening that one has to choose Between friend and family or merchant. It boils down to if you get scammed by a family member, friend or a merchant it’s all the same action! Regardless if you know the merchant personally or not the act of being a thief is the same i was told a lie and was told to pick friends and family now I know it’s due to no consequences will come about and the crime is left unchallenged. How can I get money back from a once trusted family or friend who is neither now !! Change this we all have seen this rule broken for real harm and bottom line is if someone be it friend or family steals it’s still a crime

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jgo314 

How can I get money back from a once trusted family or friend who is neither now!

Buyer protection does not apply to friends and family payments. F&f is essentially a ‘gift’ payment. Take them to small claims or report them to the police, are options to explore.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.