Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

noorology
Contributor
Contributor

Me neither. I closed all my automatic payments through paypal, as they were with reputable companies who can have my accounts directly. 

Also, it's clear my credit card companies will protect me a lot better. 

Login to Me Too

Donethat
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto-

I filed claim for ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED.  PAYPAL changed it to itme not received.   I went back to claim, changed status. PAypal changed it back again. This went on for three times

Although my claim was ITEM RECEIVED NOT AS PURCHASED. Paypal sided with the Scammer for "item received". 

I too am reporting paypal to BBB and attempted mail fraud complaint against scammer

Login to Me Too

HelpTigger
Contributor
Contributor

If I were you, I would contact my bank or credit card company and open up a dispute on this transaction to get a chargeback. It is more likely that you'll get your money back. Not only that, the scammer will have to pay a fine to both his bank and $20 fine to PayPal. That will be a double dose of revenge on these scamming scumbags. I am going through a similar situation with a Chinese scumbag seller and it is most infuriating! PayPal is no help at all. They are just another money-sucking leeches that only cares about charge their customers. I am planning to close my account with PayPal. Good luck to you

Login to Me Too

Dave_Herts
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal seem to think its acceptable for an advert to show a branded product (in this case a Samsung Smart Watch) and the seller to send a far inferior piece of rubbish without most of the features, then reject my claim as its "not materially different".

In process of closing paypal account. Dont trust these Fraud loving cowboys

Login to Me Too

veteranusn
Contributor
Contributor

The same happened to me and because the Chinese scammer used Paypal I thought I would be protected. They don't seem to care and continue to allow China companies which probably are connected to the government or military to rip off Americans and Paypal helps them do it and sides with them in disputes over and over again.

Login to Me Too

VictoriaAskey
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed 36.98 and the chinese seller has apparently got tracking details, yet my invoice says It has no tracking details, I asked for tracking and was told they have non, however PayPal has said the chinese company had tracking information and refused my refund, now I can't contact anyone, I can't dispute the review, I can't get my money back, I can't even see the supposed information they supposedly sent, I can't even ask for the information, and why cant Questions the decision? And who the hell do i contact about all this?  

Login to Me Too

steamer471
Contributor
Contributor

What bothers me is the way some people try to blame the victims for the scam, You should have researched, your were being cheap, so you got what you deserved. Obviously this behavior is allowed and is profitable for both scammer and Pay Pal.  Stupid customers shouldn't have had faith in either.

Login to Me Too

VictoriaAskey
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, although for a cat litter tray these are not cheap,and when I researched the tray and the advert I saw positive, only after paying did I notice the name of the company and it wasn't the name on the advert, i then thought surely facebook wouldnt have dodgy people advertising because they wont allow so much, so i thought nothing of it, I then get a letter saying its on its way and i was cool with that, I get the "it's on its way" letter from my catalogue and i didn't think anything was UN toward, and only asked when the item will arrive and i was then told it had already arrived via royal mail.....that's when I new I had been scammed as the parcel is too big for royal mail. But PayPal actually can't read and didn't take the legal information presented to them but took the fake information instead as they are clearly in cahoots with scammers for payment. Little old me probably doesn't stand a chance. Sad times. 

Login to Me Too

cavman
Contributor
Contributor
This post is true and apply's the my case exactly. True same that a good company like PayPal allows this to happen, obviously a true scam going on and I'll be reporting it the the Australian consumer protection. I will also advise my local parliamentary representative. It's only $50 us but a large company like PayPal shouldn't be letting it happen.
Login to Me Too

steamer471
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck. I checked here in America to see if a class action lawsuit could be filed and lawyers won't touch it. If America's greedy lawyers won't do anything I doubt anyone else will.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.