SCAM/FRAUD SELLER Posting on Facebook

temp20222506
Contributor
Contributor

I recently thought I was purchasing a great deal from Facebook. There was an advertisement coming from Wayfair for a five-piece outdoor furniture set with cushions selling for $89.99. When I submitted the order, no email was coming back from Wayfair for the confirmation. Instead, it was a suspicious SCAM/FRAUD SELLER ending with 163.com. I was furious and immediately called my bank to stop this transaction. My bank told me to call Paypal and sure enough, that amount was already on my account. Paypal is NO HELP! I checked the status of this dispute and just like everyone else, it was CLOSED! The Seller gave Paypal a fictitious tracking number that was sent by USPS. This SCAM Artist is from China and there is no fringing way that USPS will ship Outdoor Furniture to be placed in a mailbox!  I'm furious, because I lost $112.00. I'm looking into this further and will blast this all over Facebook about this SCAM and also how PayPal will not help!

Looking for help or advice from this Community to see if anyone else had similar problems with this!

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

ZeldaMc
Contributor
Contributor

Yep!  Facebook has had this issue since they opened up Marketplace to merchants.  Both Facebook and Intagram need to very sellers and merchants. 

Two years ago it was $19.99 Kitchen Aid Mixers. I reported every one to Facebook and they never got back to me. However, these types of ads did disappear for awhile.  

Login to Me Too

LaLaLaLaLola
My thoughts exactly. Facebook is so worried about proving how “woke” and “hip” they are that they are neglecting what they REALLY should be prioritizing! Scam artists.
Login to Me Too

cddi
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I tracked the package, which was a blank envelope with a tracking notice.  I was told to get the USPS to send a notice that the package was indeed a 5-ounce letter and not a package, I had the screenshot of my order, and the weight was over 50 pounds.  However, USPS does not send any notification by email, so I am going into the post office box and getting and hard copy of the details of the proof of delivery.  Not sure if this will even work at this point, but I refuse to just let these people win.  I did talk to a PP rep and ask them to research the seller and to look on their own message boards, because this is a serious problem, and they could help shut them down. They are getting tracking notices and they know that USPS will not give information online and they are banking on people not waiting in line to try and get a resolution.  And I am just hoping that with all of this PP will honor their word and go after this seller and the ones just like it.  

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Plcox
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same similar situation. My amount is $72.98. AKIKOSHARIP is the merchant PayPal name. My credit card company was investigating it and apparently the “seller” has even duped my credit card company telling them that I received the merchandise (but I have not received any furniture)! What’s even more strange, is that I received a black swan necklace from China in my mailbox (that I never ordered). So I’m out the $72.98 because my credit card company is saying I can’t prove that I didn’t receive it or sent it back. It’s kinda hard (sarcasm) to send something back or return when I never have received it! I’m am beyond phased off!
Login to Me Too

talliebrown
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! I got a cheap Chinese watch in the mailbox that I didn’t order. I am going to the post office to GPS track the exact delivery date. It will probably match the fake tracking # that was SUPPOSED to be patio furniture “left in or near mailbox.” Pffft. Whatever. I’m gonna get my money back!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @talliebrown

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you received an item different from what you ordered. If you haven't already filed a dispute, I recommend filing a Significantly Not as Described case. If you have filed a dispute and you're unable to change the type in your Resolution Center, please contact Customer Support. We'll be happy to assist you with updating the case. You can contact Customer Support on Twitter by sending DM to @AskPayPal or a PM on Facebook by going to facebook.com/PayPal. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

talliebrown
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  It was resolved in my favor.

Login to Me Too

talliebrown
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  I was refunded my money by Paypal.  I CALLED and filed a dispute.  I did not file it online.  I had all of my paperwork, tracking numbers, emails to/from the seller when I reached out to them, USPS delivery record of the cheesy item that was delivered under the fake tracking number instead of what I ordered.  Claim was filed.  I received a letter a week or so later that Paypal was refunding me.  Note to self...... nevah evah order from FB seller ads again!

Login to Me Too

MMoore7558
New Community Member

Was scammed on Facebook by WAYFAIR poser as well.

Login to Me Too

Lmcelveen
I purchased am item at the 1st of January. I tried to email the company and got no response. I contacted PayPal today and they gave me my money back 30 min later. I did go through PayPal to purchase the item. I guess I was lucky
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.