Returned package by sellers label lost In-transit. Seller has done nothing to resolve the issue

Masteryoda1976
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a laptop from Razer, but after discovering a better deal at Best Buy, I decided to return it within a few days. Razer provided me with their own label and I simply slapped the label on the unopened box and shipped it. Unfortunately, the return shipment has been stuck as "In-transit" since January 17th, as indicated by the tracking information (https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?trknbr=393223217106&trkqual=12025~393223217106~FDEG). Despite my numerous attempts to contact Razer for assistance, they have only advised me to be patient while they communicate with FedEx. However, upon contacting FedEx directly, I learned that Razer has not made any efforts to resolve the issue, and the package has been confirmed as lost in transit. It appears that Razer has not taken the necessary steps to obtain this information from FedEx. I am considering opening a chargeback claim against Razer through PayPal. Can PayPal assist me in resolving this matter? Or will they deny me because it's "lost In-transit"

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Masteryoda1976 

PayPal could deny your claim since package is still in transit or lost (via tracking info) and besides PayPal doesn’t cover buyer’s remorse reasons (ie. don’t like, don’t want, don’t fit, saw it cheaper some place else, bought by mistake/accident, changed mind.) Have to work it out with merchant on situations like this, somehow.

The cheap comes out expensive. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Masteryoda1976
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the advice. I still think I need to open a PayPal claim though. I'm getting nowhere with Razer and FedEx isn't helping either. Do you genuinely think they'll deny my claim just because it's lost in transit? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.