How do I get the seller in Hong Kong to return payment refund to paypal for defective mdse.

DIANELONG
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal paid Lemon Trading $235 for a knock-off Louis Vuitton bag. When I received the bag, I immediately ask for a return shipping label They have not complied, and PayPal says I'm responsible if they don't pay, instead of demanding a return label to return the bag. Louis Vuitton says Lemon Trading is not a legitimate company. We both got scammed, being that is International I'm responsible for the payment. I shut down my bank account when the seller didn't refund the payment or the shipping label.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DIANELONG 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DIANELONG
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I plan to just mail this knock-off bag back to the seller. The address is kind of sketchy. I didn't know it was overseas merchant...now I know, and I have to track down the correct address. I've done enough running behind this fake a-- bag. Lesson learned. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.