Resolve

Danny249
Contributor
Contributor
As a matter of course, I will no longer buy from any website or certainly not from Facebook, unless PayPal is the means to pay... If you can't pay a company through PayPal then they are probably a scam organisation. PayPal resolution centre works very well in cases wrongfully or misleadingly sold. I am however surprised, that despite many scam companies having PayPal accounts, that PayPal do not flash a warning sign when you are attempting to pay money to a scam organisation. I would most certainly be prepared to pay a subscription fee for such a service. PayPal have the ability to virtually eliminate this type of fraud.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danny249 

> that PayPal do not flash a warning sign when you are attempting to pay money to a scam organisation

That would never happen in reality. Anybody can sign up for PayPal service where available but PayPal would get into many legal entanglements to accuse any number of websites as scam with a flashing warning sign. What would happen is if you made a purchase and do not receive your item or received item not as described, you’d open a dispute to try to get your money back.

As per user agreement:

Disclaimer of Warranty and Release

PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so.”

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danny249 

> that PayPal do not flash a warning sign when you are attempting to pay money to a scam organisation

That would never happen in reality. Anybody can sign up for PayPal service where available but PayPal would get into many legal entanglements to accuse any number of websites as scam with a flashing warning sign. What would happen is if you made a purchase and do not receive your item or received item not as described, you’d open a dispute to try to get your money back.

As per user agreement:

Disclaimer of Warranty and Release

PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so.”

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.