Resolution Center Practices Encourage Fraud!

b_lyon83
Contributor
Contributor

To begin, this is the second time such a transaction has occurred, and both times PayPal has sided with the fraudulent scammer. I am referring to where a scam company sets up a fake website and ‘sells’ a product at low costs. In the first instance, it was a bike sold at a reasonable market value and the website appeared to be professional. However, after ordering, the company located an old USPS tracking number which matched my address and used that as proof of delivery. PayPal closed my case in favor of the scammer because they provided a tracking number. It doesn’t matter if it is the correct tracking number, just so long as it is one. The current situation is when my wife ordered a diamond ring from ZALES… except, it was just a well developed scam website and advertisements on Facebook. Turns out, you cannot actually buy a diamond ring for $59.99! Who knew? In any case, I brought the case to PayPal (PP-D-138065589) who did exactly what I thought they would do. Again, as long as a tracking number is received, close in favor of the supplier. This is the perfect environment for scams! A financial transactions company who offers ‘protection’ to buyers, but it is just a farce. I told PayPal it was not a matter of not receiving the item, but that the item was 1) Not from ZALES and 2) not a real ring! They sent us a pewter ring with some sort of pink plastic stone. (I actually thought it was funny they delivered anything at all!) But, in PayPals great wisdom, they just closed the case in favor of the scam (not ZALES) seller. I have no intention of bothering with PayPals resolution center, as it is a joke and only serves to protect scam artists.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

b_lyon83
Contributor
Contributor
In summary, sell fake stuff all you like. Just be sure to get a tracking number. PayPal will side with you. On that note, I am selling a diamond ring from ZALES for $59.99 if anyone is interested.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b_lyon83 

So why did you open a dispute for non receipt of item instead of one for item received but not as described ie fake? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

b_lyon83
Contributor
Contributor
That’s not an option anymore. ‘Item not as described’ is not a selection option.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@b_lyon83 

Yes it is !!

Just checked in my paypal account and did a 'pretend' dispute and that option is most definitely there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.