Total gross sales in 2022 fell under threshold of $20,000 but Paypal still issued Form 1099-K??

mina_thanh
New Community Member

Attention Paypal Community,

I am writing to share a shocking experience I had with Paypal regarding the issuance of the 1099-K form for my sales in 2022. Despite my gross sales amount, which included all the fees paid to Paypal, being $19,XXX, I received a 1099-K form from Paypal for my sales. This is unbelievable!

I was surprised to learn that the amount was below the threshold of $20,000 set by the IRS, which means I was not required to receive a 1099-K form for my sales. However, due to the receipt of the form, I was under the impression that I needed to file taxes and pay the IRS accordingly. This has resulted in unnecessary time and financial resources being expended.

I am reaching out to the Paypal community to raise awareness about this issue and to encourage Paypal to re-evaluate its policies and practices to ensure that it is compliant with IRS regulations. This will prevent other sellers from experiencing the same issue and help to maintain the trust and integrity of the Paypal platform.

I kindly request that Paypal re-evaluates my sales for 2022 and issue a corrected 1099-K form if necessary. I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mina_thanh 

All income is supposed to be reported anyway regardless if you receive 1099-K or not. It’s just that by receiving the 1099-K, you can’t get out of not reporting it. Mmm hmm. You’ll have to contact customer services to request a correction. Good luck with that.

Requesting a correction here won’t work.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.