Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

SUSPENDEDFOREV
Contributor
Contributor
Once they ban you the likely will not reverse it. PayPal is up to some shady stuff and has been for years. You will also not get the money back. Not only has PayPal been gaining interest on all the funds they hold but they started stealing peoples money for “damages” for violating the aup even when people don’t violate any policies they just make up reasons to ban people like they did to me. PayPal is a criminal organization as far as I’m concerned no one should be allowed to ban people when the don’t even do anything wrong and no one should have their hands in other peoples money. The suspension agents are trained to give you the run around. The decision is final blah blah blah. I recommend filing a complaint with the BBB and the CFPB. The more complaints on this bs scamming company the better!
Login to Me Too

Amg2014
Contributor
Contributor
Same here email received saying perm ban without explanation or reason...told someone would contact me within 24hrs ..no contact from anyone
Login to Me Too

coolguyctd
New Community Member

Just happened to me.  No explanation, no email, no contact whatsoever.  I haven't even used Paypal in years, and I just logged in to check the account because I received a suspicious email. When I did, I saw it was permanently limited without any recourse or way to even find out why.  Just a generic statement about activity being reviewed in violation, with no mention of what the violation was nor what the activity was.  I'm just glad I don't depend on this for my livelihood like some others.

Login to Me Too

bbonaparte

I just signed up today. I was buying a normal collectable figure from a seller and thought signing up for the buyers protection was a good idea. I created the account and was immediately limited. I thought I may have confused the system by using 2 different computers during the sign up, so I tried again only using one computer. Then, *Bam* permanently banned.

I literally never did anything on the account, I didn't even buy the item. How can I be banned for 'high risk' and 'violating terms of service' when all I did was create an account? How does paypal expect to get customers if they ban them for daring to join the platform? At least I didn't have any money in my account like some people here did. Unfortunately, it has my credit cards linked so I now can't use as paypal even a guest. So I guess I cannot buy anything from a site that uses paypal as it's payment processor. I don't know law, but how is this legal?

I will call to see if I can fix this, but after seeing this thread I don't have high hopes.

Oh also, I love the fact that Paypal has decided my account is too risky to allow me to buy things, but has no problem with me signing up to comment on the forums.

Login to Me Too

aindriu
Contributor
Contributor

I work at a Historical Society that used PayPal to accept donations (of €10).  We are a registered charity and have been with them for several years.  Recently they sent us a debit card application in the post and asked for documents for verification, we sent them the documents and then we got a message to say the account is permanently banned and we can no longer use PayPal ever again.  We are totally shocked, there is about €500 in the account which is frozen for 180 days at least.  As a charity, we can't understand this!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@ycharb,

When our review team deems it necessary to limit an account, it evaluates all of the information available.

Please be assured that we do not decide to limit an account lightly permanently. The funds in your PayPal balance will be held for 180 days, and this is to cover any claims or chargebacks which may be filed against you. I can assure you that a full review of your account has been performed before your account's closure was initiated.

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

JCSIII
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal going down the toilet Tommy.
Login to Me Too

PG525
Contributor
Contributor

Liar.  You guys banned MILLIONS of accounts just recently.  And quite easily from what customer service told me today.

Login to Me Too

saraloe
Contributor
Contributor
Please help me....my PayPal account permanent limit over 180 day's.....I want add my ba k account PayPal fund transfer.... please help me
Login to Me Too

vinndoo
I need to transfer funds from my permanent limited account.. kindly guide me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.