PayPal account was working just fine with Apple ID, now I can’t use it to make any purchases?

shelbydr
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to use my PayPal account for my Apple ID. I’ve been using it without issue up until I tried to make a purchase using it today. I opened a case with Apple over a wrong amount charge to my account, and the case is still open. I believe that opening this case has somehow barred me from using my PayPal account with my Apple ID, as when I attempt to re-add my PayPal information to my account, I receive the following error message: “This payment method can’t be used with the iTunes store. Try again using another payment method.” As I mentioned, my PayPal account was working just fine with my Apple ID up until the case was opened. Is it possible to lift this ban from using my account with my Apple ID, or do I need to wait until the case closes? Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hello @shelbydr,

Your post is much appreciated here in the PayPal Community!

I'm sure not being able to utilize or link PayPal has been frustrating and I'm sorry! It may be beneficial to review your PayPal account's Resolution Center. This will help you determine if your PayPal account is currently limited. Sometimes a limitation can cause the error message you referred to. If you do have a limitation, please review it further to see if there are any steps you need to take to resolve it. Once resolved, you should have an easier time linking PayPal to your Apple ID. If your PayPal account is not limited, it sounds like Apple may not allow the linking while you have an open case with them. In that situation, it would be best for you to reach back out to Apple for some clarification. Lastly, if the accounts are linked but you are just unable to process a specific payment, it's possible that PayPal is not compatible with that purchase/order. In that case, you would need to select a different funding source to complete the transaction. If you feel your PayPal account needs review by an agent because of this issue, you can reach out to support from your account's "Help" section, or from our Contact page on the website. 

I hope some of this information proves helpful! 

Thank you,

-Schae 

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.