PayPal Constued My Purchase As Cash Advance Unfairly

RobertPeruzzi
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item.

PayPal deemed it a cash advance.

I see this policy regarding naming purchase as cash advances in Community Help

Do I get charged a cash advance fee when using my debit or credit card to make a payment?

No. When you use your debit or credit card, you will not be charged a cash advance fee for sending money for goods or services. For those payments made as gifts or to friends and family, there is a fee that the sender can either pay or opt to have the receiver pay.
For these types of transactions, PayPal charges your debit or credit card only for the transaction amount.
Note: If you make a cash advance purchase with a credit or debit card, the card issuer may charge a cash advance fee. PayPal has no control over third-party fees. To avoid incurring fees when making a cash advance purchase, you may want to use a different payment method, such as your bank account or an e-Check.

Thank you for your feedback.

I filed a complaint and PayPal has denied the complaint.
I have not received the purchased product.  Vendor says product was shipped.
My credit card issuer has charged me $10 cash advance fee and is charging me cash advance interest accruing daily.
I ask refund of the $10 fee plus refund of all interest.

PayPal is unresponsive.
 Somebody from community, please help.
Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobertPeruzzi 

Have heard this reported happening when buying from Ali Express, something made the transaction run as a cash advance purchase and not a standard purchase.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/PayPal-changed-my-credit-card-payment-t...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.