PayPal changed my credit card payment to a CASH ADVANCE payment WITHOUT my authorization!!!

dissatisfied_9
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to submit a dispute with Paypal in May 2020, but the site was not accepting disputes at that time due to the covid-19 pandemic. So instead, I entered a dispute directly with my credit card company, Bank of America. They have been no help, so I'm reaching out to Paypal. I did NOT authorize my 04/05 transaction to be a CASH ADVANCE. I need this fixed, and all associated Bank of America CASH ADVANCE fees & interest to be removed. I did NOT authorize this CASH ADVANCE with my Bank of America credit card.

Today I spoke with a PayPal Dispute Department Supervisor (after being on hold for over an hour!!!), who told me that Paypal does NOT protect customer's personal credit cards from the vendor and/or credit card company choosing to change a payment from a credit card payment to a CASH ADVANCE with ALL associated cc fees & interest!  He basically said "it's not our problem".  Now I'm concerned with the lack of safety and security that Paypal provides to customers and their credit cards. I feel Payapl customer credit card info & payments are not secure & protected. #illegal #bewarePayPal #protectCreditCards

Someone please help me resolve this!  Someone please help Paypal to do the right thing & fix their error in not protecting my (and the rest of their customer's) credit cards from unauthorized CASH ADVANCES!

If not, I will have to delete my Paypal account in order to protect the safety & security of my credit card accounts from being charged without my authorization.

Thank you for any help & support you can provide.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Curley1729
New Community Member

Same exact thing happened to me - $61 charged and Bank says call Paypal. Paypal not responding.  Not ever sending $ thru PayPal again. Not sure what they do except make it easier to include my address w online purchases. I used to think it was a level of protection. Its NOT - 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.