Negative balance

ahmad_k
New Community Member

Hi, I am just wondering what to do in my situation, I have recently sold an item on depop and the buyer is now trying to claim a refund from PayPal, my balance is in -£87 and am wondering what to do, the buyer first opened a case on the 11th of December and claimed the item hasn't arrived, a few days later the item arrived and the buyer tries to claim that the item is not as described, i have provided all the necessary details to PayPal to show that the item was shipped and i had sent the right item, the case is now awaiting buyers response and has been since the start of January, any ideas on what to do? the last thing i want is debt collectors knocking on my door.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmad_k 

Have they escalated the dispute to a claim yet? If not then it may time out at 20 days and auto close.

However if they escalate and win (not guaranteed) then normally paypal will tell the buyer to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to issue a refund.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.