My buyer falsely claims I did not deliver goods for payment, despite a clear paper trail

OohMamma
New Community Member

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I sold a concert ticket to a buyer. The ticket was transferred securely via DICE app (a ticketing platform from which I purchased the original ticket from). After transferring the ticket to her, she paid me $75 for it via PayPal.

A couple of weeks later I got an email from PayPal informing me that she had disputed the charge with her bank, and that PayPal is taking the funds back and putting them on hold. I responded to the case with detailed screenshots and and clear timeline of how the transaction went down (I pasted the most important screenshots below), but today PayPal wrote to me saying the the bank favored the buyer (???) and that I now have a minus $75 balance with them! It's like they did not even read or look at the evidence I provided. Effectively I now owe PayPal $75 for a ticket I legitimately sold.

My buyer will not respond to my messages. This is extremely frustrating because the proof is right there and it's very very clear that I indeed did give her the ticket she paid for. Any idea what I can do here? Am I wrong in thinking that any reasonable person would see I fulfilled my end of this, based on evidence I provided? All help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

______

My note to PayPal:

Hi there,

I'm actually confused as to why this is being disputed; the transaction was completed successfully, and I delivered to [NAME REDACTED] 1 concert ticket for Skrillex's performance at Avant Gardner on Wednesday, October 27th, 2021.

I've attached a PDF file of our entire correspondence, but the transaction history is as follows: [NAME REDACTED] initially reached out to me via Facebook Messenger after I posted on Facebook that I had a Skrillex ticket available for sale at face value. We had a discussion about the cost of the ticket (I was selling for the same amount I paid, face value) and how to deliver it; the safest and most secure method of deliver was through the DICE ticketing app, which is the same platform/app I purchased the ticket through originally. The entire purpose of DICE transfers is to avoid fraudulent ticket sales, since it's all done through their platform.

Once [NAME REDACTED] added me as a "friend" through the DICE app, I immediately sent her the ticket securely. On the last 2 pages of the attached PDF file, you'll see an email confirmation from DICE that I transferred the ticket, as well as a record of delivery through my DICE notifications (I've circled it in red). Once I delivered the ticket, [NAME REDACTED] paid me via PayPal. You'll see her personal confirmation that she got the ticket via our text/Messenger conversation.

So this transaction is 100% legitimate, and [NAME REDACTED] did indeed receive her concert ticket, as promised. Please let me know if you require additional info, I'm happy to help provide it. I would appreciate receiving my money for the ticket I definitely did deliver, thanks.

Best, Mike

IMG_0387_REDACTED.jpgDICE_SkrillexTransferConfirmationREDACTED.jpg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gotscamedreal

i have very similiar problem, have you solved it somehow?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @gotscamedreal,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transaction. If you are the seller, and your buyer is stating they have not received their item, PayPal would normally request Proof of Delivery to find the case in your favor. Here you can find a bit more information regarding our Seller Protection, our Dispute Process, and Chargebacks.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.