Making a dispute appeal

TurbogamingUK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I bought an item that was listed as new and it has a fault. The seller wouldn't accept a return and Paypal said "prove there is a fault". I thought I did so by having a repair shop say "yep, that there is a fault". The case was still closed in favour of the seller somehow? I was told you can appeal but there is no option to do so? Also, I assume this means we have the go ahead to sell broken items on eBay with no issues? Joking of course but seriously, what more "proof" could I have provided other than a repair shop pointing out the issues and providing their own images?  Can an agent come to my house for a cuppa tea and a look at it? xD

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TurbogamingUK 

Paypal covers you for item received but significantly other than as described.

That means you received a completely different item or significantly different from advertised.

They don't get involved in ''quality'' issues, that often is left for you to sort with the merchant.

Your options are a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card?

OR small claims court action maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.