I would like a refund but my account says no transactions made

temp20211130a
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on Depop that I never received and I would like a refund. The seller is not responsive and Depop will not offer me buyer protection. When I log into Paypal it shows that no transactions have been made. I created an account after I purchased the item and checked out as a guest instead. Is there any way I can be refunded?

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @temp20211130a 

I understand that you have made a guest purchase, which is why you are unable to locate the transaction on your PayPal account. To initiate a dispute for guest transactions, customers are required to create a PayPal account, link the same card used at the time of purchase, and update their name as used while purchasing. Once this is done, please contact us to assist you in raising the dispute. You can find our contact information by clicking "Help and Contact" at the bottom of this page. 

I hope this information helps. 

Mujahid

Login to Me Too

temp20211130a
Contributor
Contributor
I have already created an account and linked the card. I want to be in contact with a Paypal employee and not an automated service because I cannot resolve this with these solutions.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20211130a 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.