I need some help with a PayPal transaction

ashjefferyglyde
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve received this transaction from a buyer, and I want to know if this is legitimate. PayPal Hello Ash [Removed], This message is originated from PayPal account section. Regarding the transaction between You and Anne [Removed], the fund will not reflect on your Bank account, it is already on hold in our database and not until we receive the Osko Bank Transfer Receipt for the Pick up agent fee before we can credit your account with the total amount of ($2,100.00 AUD), as soon as you send us the Osko Bank Transfer information for the $1,150.00 AUD for the Pick up agent fee, you need to send the $1,150.00 AUD upfront from your pocket directly from your bank account to the agent bank account given to you below and the sender's details will be your details, the Bank Details can also be found on the Bank Transfer Receipt issue to you by your Bank and your PayPal account will be credit with the amount of $2,100.00 AUD immediately. Below is the agent verified address: You need to pay with OSKO payment on your online banking Account Name : Chloe [Removed] Page Account Number: ***-*** BSB Number: ***-*** Bank Name: Westpac Banking Corporation Reference: Your Name We have deducted the money for the buyer's account, and it can not be refunded to his account,but money is still pending in our system and will not reflect in your account,so you are secure with PayPal. We want you to cooperate with us so that you to enjoy our service online,if you have any questions,don't hesitate to answer back. Thank you for using PayPal!, We are sorry for any inconveniences this might have caused, PayPal is doing this to protect the interest of both the buyer and seller and our own integrity as an online financial company. Here is the recent history of your Transfer Status... Transfer On Pending... Transfer Current Percentage Done: 95% Transfer On Pending... Bank transfer confirmation receipt Needed..... The money will show up in your account once the confirmation receipt has been received from you and we assure you that this is a safe and secured transaction. PayPal Security Official PayPal Seal

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashjefferyglyde 

This is a scam. You will not be paid.

PayPal does not ask you to do what this email is asking you to do in order to receive money.

When someone really pays, PayPal deducts their fee automatically and deposits the rest in your PayPal account fairly instantly. If the payment is subject to a PayPal 21 day hold, you will still see payment in your account. There are tasks you can do to get the money released sooner than 21 days but it’s optional to do and does not involve paying any more fees than already deducted.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dresnik
New Community Member

Yes, a scam for sure.

Login to Me Too

Taylorpatterson
New Community Member
Transaction ID 8F537614LB9894329 Transaction ID 118841165416180930
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.