I got ripped off in scam on FB marketplace and paid for the item by PayPal.
I got ripped off in scam on FB marketplace and paid by PayPal but they won't help me saying certain transactions weren't authorized? I can't seem to find anyone to help me get my funds back? Can anyone help me in this quite normal situation. I also have recorded each and every statement I had with the seller of the item he never sent me. I am very displeased with PayPal stating that they won't refund my money and they never even asked for the 20 page report that shows all my statements made are true? Can anyone help me contact the right department or people?
Did you open a dispute for unauthorised instead of non receipt of item??
A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.
You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Scammed in Security and Fraud Archives
- international facebook purchase protection? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Purchase Protection and Payment Status in Security and Fraud Archives
- Email asks me to confirm that I would like to accept the payment from PayPal in Security and Fraud Archives
- Unrealistic PayPal demands In Resolution Form in Security and Fraud Archives