I got chargebacked and lost without any chance to fight back

actomaly
New Community Member

I had a person chargeback an item they bought from me 2 months ago. They provided no evidence to Paypal, and when I gave them my side of the story I got instantly shut down. I was willing to give them the dates and times and discord data packs so I could prove that everything was unedited, yet they just shut it down and made me lose -75 usd. It was a digital item trade for a game, we used a middleman from a famous discord server. I gave the MM the item, and i got paid, it was all fine and dandy up until now, where he said he got scammed. It took him 2 months to regain access to his 'stolen' Paypal?? 2 months? You would really wait that long to regain your finances? I sent them images and they still didn't care. I don't know how the **bleep** to fight this, cause everything else I have is just.. not important to them. He provided nothing, I provided paragraphs of explanation and images, and he won over me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

davidjjp
Contributor
Contributor

you're not getting any money back, they charged back with their financial institution, once they do that, it's all over 😂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@actomaly 

The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. The buyer's credit card issuer grants its members specific consumer protection which PayPal has no authority to replace or reduce. If a PayPal user initiates a chargeback with their credit card company Paypal have no way of stopping the claim.

If the card issuer grants the case in the buyer's favour, Paypal review the transaction on your PayPal account to see if it is eligible for Seller Protection. However as it was a digital/virtual transaction then there would be no seller protection.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-seller-protection-policy-and-what-items-...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.