How can I appeal a denied case?

MikeH11
Contributor
Contributor

Transaction ID:  93K925382C920580S

Dispute Case ID:   PP-R-LYT-459066295

Dear PayPal,

My wife bought these “Electric Saving Boxes” from an ad on Facebook.   She didn’t know what she bought were a useless product that doesn’t work plus she thought she was only buying one but the seller said it was 5.   They charged us $98.87 which included Tax and Insurance.   What she didn’t know at the time was that the same product was on Amazon for $7.99 and free shipping.   I contacted the seller to return these items and after several days of back and forth our emails ended with the following:

Blue Heat Trading Co. (China)

September 27, 2022 at 9:26:21 PM EDT

Dear customers, we checked your purchase is: US PLUG_BUY 4 GET 1 FREE (5PCS--AUTUMN DISCOUNT) so the quantity is 5 pieces.    If you want the full refund, please send the package back. If you don't want to return, we can refund you $25 as compensation for this situation. Thank you!

As you can see from their email, they clearly tell me that I can return the product for a full refund.   I asked them to send me their return address and they never replied so I escalated the case to PayPal.  Then I received a message giving me the return address which I assume came from the seller.  I package the product and mailed it back to the seller which is verified with the following tracking information:

Return tracking info<[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]tal Service (USPS)

The next thing I heard was from PayPal with the follow message:

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because PayPal Purchase Protection only covers goods or services that weren’t delivered or are not as described.

And then my case was closed.

The product was delivered, however, it does not save anything on your electric bill as they described in the ad on Facebook.

The biggest problem I have is, they told me I could return the product for a full refund and after I escalated the case I received the return address.   Now the seller still has my money and the product.
I follow all the directions given me, from the seller and from PayPal, and now I have no refund or product.  Is PayPal really going to allow this to take place and do nothing?   Would you please explain?

Thanks,
Mike [removed]

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MikeH11 

In the event of a claim, if you want paypal buyer protection you have to return the item to the address paypal gave you when they approved your return + send tracking that proves delivery.

IF you did this then contact customer services and tell them that you did everything asked of you so you want your refund.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cjcaine107
New Community Member
Hi same company has just **bleep** me and PAYPAL do nothing about it!!! Chinese fraudsters and not happy
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.