Account hacked...Paypal put transaction on hold....I somehow lost the case, please explain?

habitaticircus
New Community Member

My account got hacked and they did a transaction in Netherlands with Dyson. I contacted Paypal and the transaction was already on hold. They told me it would not go through, and the money would be available again in a couple of days.... spoke to 2 people said the same thing. I also contacted Dyson, sent pdf of the transaction letting them know. Dispute was raised by Paypal, I loss.

Seriously what is going on here? Since then, they have raised another dispute with delivery address not being Australian... I can see that they sent the product, and it was picked up in Netherlands... any advice?

Thinking I might move away from Paypal...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @habitaticircus

Thanks for reaching out to the Community to ask your question, and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity that has taken place and that your dispute was denied. The first thing that comes to mind when I read over what happened with your case is that the dispute may have been filed before the transaction was completed. Unfortunately, we cannot file a dispute on a pending transaction, so if it hadn't been completed, it might not have been included in your case right away. This could result in the case closing automatically without a refund. I suggest reaching out to Customer Support again. They can take another look to see what happened and even help with appealing the case. You're always welcome to ask for a second opinion, especially in a situation like this. 

You can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. Support is also available through Facebook private message or Twitter direct message.

I hope you receive the refund soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.