Help with Resolution Center

Vwbernie
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a specific watch through someone online in the Google shopping area. I paid for it through Paypal but have never received the watch. I got one strange looking email right after I paid from someone saying they would get it to me as fast as they could. That was two months ago and haven't heard anything again. I emailed the person through Paypal that was paid the money (private individual which was strange to me) but I haven't heard anything from her. I tried to go to the resolution center but the 3 options they give for resolving a transaction are not covering my problem. Any insight of what to do next would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vwbernie 

Did you pay using the goods/services option that gives you buyer protection OR friends/family that doesn't?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vwbernie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure how you can tell looking at the transaction information. It was set up to look like a normal site that takes Paypal. I was surprised when I got the email from Paypal saying I had sent payment to a person's name at Yahoo.com. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Vwbernie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't received an item that you believed that you had purchased. It sounds like, if the only options in the Resolution Center are billing dispute options or unauthorized activity options, the payment was likely sent as a Friends and Family payment. 

At the time of a payment to another party, there is an option to toggle. It has messaging that states that Purchase Protection is available only if that option is toggled on. A payment sent without toggling the Purchase Protection option on is one that is indicated to be for Friends and Family, with no expectation of a transfer of goods or services. This distinction is important at the time of the payment not only because of the application of Purchase Protection for you, but because the risks are different with different types of payments and PayPal needs to be able to accurately assess those risks before the payment is processed.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience, and I hope that future transactions go more smoothly with this information known.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.