Claim against fraud denied

Kobaeshaker
Contributor
Contributor

I never received an item I bought, so I Disputed the charge and when the seller never reached out to me I escalated it to a claim. My claim got denied very quickly because the “Item was marked shipped and had a tracking number”. The item I bought was well over 70 pounds (over USPS allowable weight) and was shipped Via USPS. So that was fishy from the get go. Then the package was marked shipped and I never received it. I contacted my local USPS and they notified me that the package was UNDER 6 OUNCES And that it had been sent to a completely different address that was in my zip code. I got my local head postmaster to provide a document stating this and used it as leverage in my claim however it still got denied. How is that so? I have proof that the item wasn’t sent to the right address and wasn’t even the correct item. If buyers protection doesn’t cover that, then what the heck is buyer protection?? If I don’t get this resolved I won’t be purchasing anymore through PayPal, as there’s no point in it if it’s no safer

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Kobaeshaker , if you have proof of fraud, you must contact a paypal customer advisor.

paypal will require a valid document from your carrier.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Kobaeshaker , if you have proof of fraud, you must contact a paypal customer advisor.

paypal will require a valid document from your carrier.

Login to Me Too

JohnFoxBass
Contributor
Contributor

This same exact scam just happened to me.  I bought an electric bass guitar on Reverb.com for $1,290. It should have weighed about 25 lbs. to ship. 

I never received the item. I filed a Dispute. In response, the seller provided a valid UPS tracking number (1Z0100830315216007) for a small (1 lb.) package delivered to my same zip code, signed for by someone at that address. (Apparently, it was a business address, since the UPS Tracking info says it was delivered to "loading dock".)  Since the Seller provided a valid tracking number, PayPal denied my claim.  I called PayPal on the phone and spoke to a rep. She said she would reopen my case and they would re-examine it, and since it was obviously fraud, I would get my money back.  But they Denied it again.  So I called again and spoke to someone else (Andrea, agent ID 43532.)  She said the exact same thing, she would reopen the case and they would return my money.  And again, they Denied it.  So I have published the complete details on my business website, and I want everyone in the world to read it so that they can understand that PayPal Buyer's Protection is actually not real:

https://www.johnfoxbass.com/free-money

My business does $600,000/year in sales, but we will no longer be accepting PayPal. 

And I am now going to have to sue PayPal to get back my $1,290.  What a major hassle.

Login to Me Too

Sambita11
New Community Member
Well pay pal just resolve my case (one out of two) so they will refund my money, lucky me, but the second purchase was made in November 05, 2021 and the product never came, but they posted a tracking number that said still in transit, never answered my messages I keep waiting and waiting, now they denied my case and i wont have my refund, but I'll reopen again to get my money, thanks God you have a business, I'm not, so I'm a citizen who works hard for her money and it's not fair to see your money banish like water, in the beginning pay pal was very good, now It depends who help you in CS. It's a shame. I need to go to somewhere else that can control this kind of scams.
Login to Me Too

JohnFoxBass
Contributor
Contributor
I have some good news: I contacted the UPS Technical Team a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and explained the situation. I gave them the tracking number of the fake package and asked them to send me a document on their letterhead confirming that the package was not delivered to my address. They emailed me the document within an hour. Then I called PayPal support again and told the rep that either he was going to give me my refund during this phone call, or else I would be suing them for the $1290 plus attorney fees and the attorney would most likely make it a class action lawsuit so everyone else who has been similarly wronged could join in and collect. He put me on hold for about 20 minutes, then came back on the line and said my case has been decided in my favor and I will be receiving the refund shortly. Finally in the end they did the right thing. But it took 20 hours of my valuable time fighting for justice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.