Been Scammed, please help. Anything will help

muhammad3245
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i have been scammed and he tricked me. he told me to pay in F&F. Is there any way i can get my money back or no?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mfellomusic
New Community Member

This happened to me and be careful how you approach this because my case got closed even though I was scammed this same way and I was told to send as friends and family and I’m furious that PayPal closed my case even though I was tricked and scammed! <removed> tricked me and convinced me over Discord to send him 2800php (about $50!) for 500m penya in the mmorpg Flyff Universe. After sending the money he said “few min” and then disappeared completely! Again, PayPal might close your case too so I honestly don’t know what to do from here but make a ruckus about being scammed until PayPal gives me back my money!

Login to Me Too

muhammad3245
Contributor
Contributor

Damn, did you ever get your money back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @mfellomusic

Welcome to the PayPal community. 

I am sorry to hear what has happened to you. When a payment is made using friends and family it means that you know this person and trust this person enough to send them a payment like this. For example if you are out for dinner and owe one of your friends your share of the bill, you can send them a payment via family and friends. They are not designed for buying goods or services therefore have no buyer protection on them. This would be the reason your case would have been closed. 

I can understand that you would be upset over this and going forward I would strongly advise to always use the goods and services option when buying anything to ensure you are protecting yourself. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Cordin
New Community Member

Can you tell us the address where you paid so that everyone knows. [removed] with google adress scamed me. Dmitri [removed] is his name on paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.