Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

Hilly_hoo

and that is what really makes me peeved- FB is so quick putting people in FB jail but they are hands off with advertisers. UGH 

Login to Me Too

Gingerl42
Contributor
Contributor

I agree and it is clearly a SCAM Yesterday I spent all day jumping through hoops like a trained seal for paypal we pay them to secure our money the tracking number does not even go to my address it is very clear the paypal customer service agreed with me and I am in messenger with them. well I had to call the post office to try and get them to give me information I cna not get on the USPS website because that option has been disabled most likely for this reason.. so I had to battle freakin stupid AI some how got humans form other countries who gave no care about my plight told me they could not help me sent me Elses where made me cuss and want to break my phone . I have PTSD by the way this stress is not good for me.. So I do have an email from the post office but I see in messenger they also want a photo copy of the damn package how do I get that I never got one??? I swear paypal I am done with them once i get my money back I am closing this account I had more then a decade forever this is no longer a safe place for my money no way paypal sucks and will go under unless thye get some real humans with real brains to run the show and turn it back into what it use to eb and facebook well that is a hell pit I wish some rich person would grow a brain and make another facebook type platform so we all can leave facebook it is becoming that abd.. You cna nto blame starving people in other countries trying to make  a living but I am sorry by American standards I am near staving myself and the poor robbing from the poor is a very sad situation. Why i took a chance on those crabs was because I recently was diagnosed with Alpha Gal and Mast cell activation syndrome which my list of foods I cna not eat is basically Everything that is typically in the American diet The restriction list is long and crab is not on it and would have been a treat I cna never eat at a fats food restaurant again or really most any restaurant is out and I will never be able to eat birthday cake again.. those crabs would have been a huge treat for me .. why I took the chance .. 

Login to Me Too

LOOTYBIRD
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for all your troubles.. Yes the USPS or delivery service is the hardest way to go.. I will never order anything that remotely smells like a scam from now on..
Login to Me Too

Bjlo1
Contributor
Contributor

I got an e-mail saying it had been delivered but it was not. Post office said it was a scam.Reply from seller was in Chinese!!. Pay pal did NOT refund my money because they claim they contacted the seller and were told it was delivered!!! Paypal needs to get these scammers off Facebook!

Login to Me Too

SAB456
Contributor
Contributor

Look carefully into the information attached to the tracking number. If the name of the seller, seller's address, and your street address do not match, it is obvious fraudulent use of a tracking number that was probably obtained by hacking. In a similar experience I had, the tracking number was for a shipment from a different seller to an address in the town where I live, but not to my street address. I presented that information to PayPal and received a refund.

Login to Me Too

Hilly_hoo

How the scam worked- they send a postcard with a tracking number for some innocuous service and the recipient tosses the postcard in the trash- then by the time you realize the crab legs never arrived and dispute the charge- they have proof something was delivered claiming it was the crablegs- UGH  I have disputed this 3 times now with BOA- and even though this forum shows many people got scammed BOA won't do the right thing.  I am closing my accounts and leaving BOA- they suck 

Login to Me Too

Bob1958r
Contributor
Contributor
Same here but tracking shows it was delivered to an address different than mine
Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

Bob, I got scammed by a **bleep** called Samantha [removed].  PayPal found for her.  I made calls to PayPal and told them I was scammed and didn't get a thing from this woman.  She messed up my address and gave another address and I got **bleep**.  Long story short.  I made calls to PayPal and told them I was cheated and I wasn't going to stand for it.  The money was secondary and being cheated by this person and by PayPal when they sided with this crook.  I told them I was cheated out of money and PayPal was going to lose my business and the balance on my PayPal card.   It wasn't right for me to do this and this goes against everything I stand for but I have been cheated before and I am not going to be a victim anymore. They were very nice to me even after I had my say and they heard my story.  PayPal is genuine and they don't want to side with these **bleep**.  If you lost a case to a **bleep**, call PayPal and let them know that they got it wrong and I think they will make it right just as they did with me.  I would have paid my card off.  I have never cheated on anybody in my life and I don't want to start now.  They are good folks and they said they were going to take action against this scammer.  God bless them.

Login to Me Too

pjcamp
Contributor
Contributor
Exact scenario with me as well. Very disappointed in paypal.
Login to Me Too

LOOTYBIRD
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I have just fell for this again! There is an Alaska King Crab company and the FB scam vendor was clever to appear to be this company. I am so tired of PayPal not being able to prevent these frauds or provide better warnings and just hide behind the scam Amazon tracking details
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.