Sandbox recurring payments not working

VisionTest
Contributor
Contributor

Hello MerchatTechnicalSupport,

Can you please enable my sandbox account so it able to process recurring payments. Below is my account information.

My Account ID is "<removed>"

Account Type :  Business-Pro

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

WEN-BC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your reply and your demos. This is pretty much same as I was trying. I followed the link

Initiate future transactions (paypal.com), I tested again, the error happened with the second step

"Authorize Payment", the description of the error is "API caller is not enabled to process payments with the specified type of token. Please contact customer support to request permissions to process transactions with this type of token.". The message is "Authorization failed due to insufficient permissions.". Looks like it is a permission issue with our sandbox business account. But we have Advanced Credit / Debit Cards payment enabled.

Wen

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hi @WEN-BC,

I reviewed the transaction that you are attempting to use for a future payment, it is a PayPal Guest Checkout payment.  Future Payments work with Advanced Credit/Debit Card transactions. Once you have processed an Advanced Credit/Debit Card payment you will be able to process a future payment. 

If you want to charge PayPal Payments another option for you is Vault:

https://developer.paypal.com/beta/vault/purchase-later/paypal/

If you open a ticket with Merchant Technical Support, we will be able to assist you with setting up Vault in sandbox and assisting with the integration.

• Open the below link: https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US
  • Click on Contact Us
  • Click on login with PayPal (use your live credentials)
  • Fill in the information in the ticket, make sure to include your Sandbox Merchant id and your Sandbox Client ID for your app.
  • Once you submit the ticket we will be able to help you with a Vault integration.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

WEN-BC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for the clarification and the suggestion. I have submitted a ticket for merchant technical support for Vault integration.

Wen

Login to Me Too

WEN-BC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

I have integrated Advanced Checkout and tested with one order, transaction id "04S93732EA094212E".
Then I tried "initiating future transaction" based on this id, but I still got permission issue. Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Wen

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @WEN-BC,

I updated the type of sandbox app you have to be a platform app. It has more permissions than a web app.

Try the payment again.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

WEN-BC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

I see the default sandbox app has been changed to platform app. Thank you for the change. I used the app to create new payments through advanced checkout and tested with initiating future transactions. But I still got the permission issue.

Wen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.