Sandbox REST APPs are not visible for deletion

jnex-fs
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

Context:

We are integrating a multiparty checkout platform.

Issue:

We created a sandbox REST APP of type platform and associated a sandbox business account to it via seller onboarding (via referral partner API).

As we need our sandbox environment clean for automated testing and staff training, we need to delete this APP and sandbox business account.

The REST AP was deleted successfully. Yet, the sandbox business account can't be deleted, because in the account details view, there are still two other REST APPs linked, but they don't appear in the REST APP list.

Please see the following screens for visual representation:

Screen 1 - REST APPs linked in the account detail view

pp-sb-app-account-delete-01.png

Screen 2 - List of REST APPs in UI:

pp-sb-app-account-delete-02.png

Question:

How can we delete the APPs?

Is that sufficient so that we can delete the sandbox business account afterwards?

And: How can this situation prevented in the future?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

f

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please share the merchant id for the sandbox account which you wish to have removed. Details on how to retrieve the merchant id for a sandbox account can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

jnex-fs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin ,

thanks for your reply and deleting the sandbox accounts.

The merchant-id of the sandbox account is: J6YXE5ZLYG4PS

How can we delete the apps associated to a business account within the sandbox ourselves or how can we prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks and best regards,

f

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The REST apps associated with this sandbox account have been deactivated and the sandbox account has been removed from your developer account.

"How can we delete the apps associated to a business account within the sandbox ourselves or how can we prevent this from happening in the future?"

The REST apps can be deleted from within the 'my apps & credentials' section of your developer account. It used to be possible to delete / remove sandbox accounts even if they had active REST applications associated with them, which would remove the sandbox account, but leave the REST applications active but I believe this is no longer the case and our system won't allow a sandbox account to be removed if it has active REST apps.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

narcegl
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS_Justin,

I have the same problem. "Deleting accounts failed because you may have one or more apps associated with accounts."

There is a REST app associated with one of my sandbox accounts (Merchant ID BGYMZW6FP6MNA) that prevents me to delete it.

This Bussines type sandbox account is no longer needed, but the REST app isn't listed on "My apps & credentials" > Sandbox > REST API apps to delete it first.

Odd enough, I can see the REST app's name as "Website JS SDK Integration" under "View/edit account" > API Credentials > REST apps from that sandbox account I'm trying to delete, but it's not possible to delete the REST app from there.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id from your sandbox account.

I've disabled the REST application and removed the sandbox account from your developer account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

DonnaSaddoris
New Community Member

What's shocking is you have to come into a community forum, complain, have a moderator ask for your information & they delete the REST API.  There should be a 'Delete REST API' button with a confirmation when clicked just to ensure you want it deleted.  This is just being 'user friendly'.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

There is already an option to delete a REST application.

REST_Delete.png

On occasion, due to various different reasons, the app won't get deleted and we've available to help when that happens.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.