Error 10548 , for sandbox account using DoDirectPayment

eweiss
New Community Member

I'm trying to make a sandbox api call for itadmin-facilitator_api1.weissapps.com with METHOD DoDirectPayment

The response I get back is:

ErrorMessage = Error: This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.
ErrorCode = Error code: 10548

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"Once it's been resolved, I'll post an update in this thread"

I'm happy to advise the issue is resolved as of this morning. Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This is unfortunately a known issue with new accounts upgraded to payments pro.

Our development team are aware and working to resolve as soon as possible.

I'll post in this thread once the issue is resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

shasan_nxt
New Community Member

How can I test this?  We need to test a solution for live as we need to make the TLS 1.2 deadline.  I need my sandbox account working with the api.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This is unfortunately a known issue with new accounts upgraded to payments pro.

Our development team are aware and working to resolve as soon as possible.

I'll post in this thread once the issue is resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing the same error when using the sandbox endpoint https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp. 

Last week I received an email from PayPal saying this:

We conducted a round of testing to emulate the upgraded security experience for supporting ONLY TLS 1.2 so that merchants can understand the areas of their integration that still require work.  Our records indicate this Merchant Security Testing impacted you.  Therefore, you will need to update your PayPal integration(s) to TLS1.2 PRIOR to June 2018 to avoid further service interruption.  For more detailed information on upgrading to TLS1.2, please refer to the TLS 1.2 and HTTP/1.1 Upgrade site. 

How can I test to see if my system supports TLS 1.2 if the sandbox is unavailable?  

Thank you

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The sandbox isn't unavailable, upgrading a new business account to payments pro is unavailable, there is a distinct difference.

You also do not need to use payments pro to test TLSv1.2 compatibility, you can use Express Checkout. We also provide a simple tool to allow you to run this test within your own environment.

https://github.com/paypal/TLS-update

Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am sorry, I just do not get it.  I did not encounter any issues upgrading my sandbox account to business pro.  Everything is configured perfectly.

Can you please explain what is Express Checkout?

I have some basic .NET code that connects to the sandbox server via a web request.

Sandbox URL: https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp

string strNVP = strCredentials + "&METHOD=DoDirectPayment&CREDITCARDTYPE=" + paymentType +
"&ACCT=" + cardNumber +
"&EXPDATE=" + expirationMonth + expirationYear +
"&CVV2=" + securityCode +
"&AMT=" + cost +
"&FIRSTNAME=" + firstName +
"&LASTNAME=" + lastName +
"&IPADDRESS=" + ipAddress +
"&STREET=" + addressLine1 + "+" + addressLine2 +
"&CITY=" + city +
"&STATE=" + state +
"&COUNTRY=United+States" +
"&ZIP=" + zip +
"&COUNTRYCODE=US" +
"&PAYMENTACTION=Sale" +
"&DESC=" + itemDesc +
"&VERSION=" + strAPIVersion;

I already tested https://tlstest.paypal.com endpoint.

Initially I received an error message: "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel." 

Then I added code to enable Tls12 before the web request.

Now I am getting a successful message: "PayPal_Connection_OK".

I still need to test the entire workflow of the application using the sandbox endpoint no matter what.  Can you please provide a workaround?  

Thank you

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You can test Express Checkout within our sandbox environment at the moment with no issue, however direct payment (&METHOD=DoDirectPayment) will not work for new accounts which have been recently upgraded to payments pro, so unless you have an older account which was already upgraded to payments pro, you won't be able to test this flow at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I appreciate your quick response.

If I provide my sandbox account credentials, is it possible to enable payments pro on your end (so that it works with direct payment)?

If this is not an option, do you have a sample sandbox account that works with direct payment?

Is this issue going to be fixed before June 1st 2018?

My website is using .NET 4.5.  When I create a web request to https://tlstest.paypapl.com  I am getting "PayPal_Connection_OK".  

(In order to get this result I had to add the following code: System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol |= SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;)

Is there anything else that I can test to make sure my system is ready?

Thank you so much

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I can't enable payments pro on sandbox accounts as a workaround, I've already tried this and been unsuccessful. We hope to have the issue fixed soon, definately before 1st June.

If you've tested with the TLSv1.2 connections and your receiving an "OK" response, this means your system is able to successfully establish a secure connection to PayPal whilst utilizing TLSv1.2 - After 1st June 2018 you will be able to establish a secure connection to PayPal endpoints.

TLS test tools are available here in multiple programming languages (you probably don't need them as you've manually coded the same test, but sharing here for anyone else who may read this post)

https://github.com/paypal/TLS-update

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.