Detailed Statement

johan47
Contributor
Contributor

Has the detailed statement option disappeared? All I want is a list of transactions with a running balance.

How do I get one?

Thanks, Johan47

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi johan47, 

Welcome to our PayPal community forum. 

Here's how to quickly download your transaction history:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity at the top of the page. Here you can see all of your account activity, a specific transaction, or your most recent activity.
  3. To download the history, Click Statements and then select Activity export.
  4. Select the transaction type, date range, and format.
  5. Click Create Report.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please feel free to post. 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi johan47, 

Welcome to our PayPal community forum. 

Here's how to quickly download your transaction history:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity at the top of the page. Here you can see all of your account activity, a specific transaction, or your most recent activity.
  3. To download the history, Click Statements and then select Activity export.
  4. Select the transaction type, date range, and format.
  5. Click Create Report.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please feel free to post. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

johan47
Contributor
Contributor

Paula,

Thanks for your reply. Any bank statement should show, not only the transactions, but also the running balance.

Having to request a special report just to see the running balance is not the answer. The default page when you sign in or look at your activity should automatically show the running balance. Speak to anyone in your accounts department and they will agree!

There used to be a detailed report option which automatically showed this but it has disappeared and I now have to request a special report. Not good.

Regards, John

Login to Me Too

cprudell
Contributor
Contributor
I have done my own running balance with a spreadsheet PayPal calculations are ridiculous They are repetitive charges added and removed and added again so confusing especially if your account has a hold.
Login to Me Too

touchestudio
New Community Member

Hello Paula,

Can you please tell us if there's a solution for this? Really seems odd that I cannot find a statement with my balances... What you are referring to gives us a download of our transactions. That's it. Thank you for taking the time to help us with this.

Best regards,

Paul

Login to Me Too

vid2vid
Contributor
Contributor
Quite a buttawful website.. domain is paypal-community.com looks alarming like phishing, fire your web team!.. should be community.PayPal.com. Also Step #1 above is frickin useless: Sign into your PayPal account.. what.. via Android app? Desktop browser, Android phone Chrome browser in Desktop Mode? Terrible forum. Fire your IT devmt team plus the question answerers. -P
Login to Me Too

ANSWER: <removed>

I found this via google which lead me to what I need:  My balance in PP.  It also lists 

each item and the activity and amounts but without a daily balance.  So I now I do 

that on paper pre-computers style - just listing each activity subsequent to having

today' balance.  You can backtrack if necessary.  

<removed>

Login to Me Too

edmundmcfadden
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried all the suggested fixes and backdoor ways to try and find a statement - still not seeing an option on my activity screen or through the resolution center.   Any other suggestions?  Is there a certain type of account required?  

Login to Me Too

cprudell
Contributor
Contributor
In order to view a running balance you need to have a business account that's wrong. It should a be standard statement for any account.
Login to Me Too

HowCanPPDoBette
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Business account and I still have the same issues about reports and reporting.

PayPal could have been a world changer. That's why it was set up: it's purpose. All this while positively benefiting humanity.
We must do better - if PayPal can't or won't help, let's lobby them on the Web so that everyone knows that PayPal is your absolute last resort. Also, that we stop sending our customers their way so that PayPal can directly exploit them.

Currently my experience of them is as a legally organisation set up to take a cut of every transaction while giving no benefit.

I deal with many other payment providers and invite you all to shop around for other payment services providers.
Some of the really poor payment providers are streets ahead of PayPal in terms of reports, ease of use and don't charge exorbitant fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.