Missing 1099-K?

esnorris6
Contributor
Contributor

I made 46k on a streaming service this year that pays me through PayPal. I am trying to file my taxes, but PayPal hasn't generated a 1099-K for me. Can I request one?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

WraithK
New Community Member
  1. Click Settings next to “Log out.”
  2. Click Statements and Taxes near the top of the page.
  3. Under the “Tax Documents” section, select the year you need from the dropdown.
  4. Click Download all to download and view both your Form 1099-K and your Goods and Services transactions statement.
  5. To view only your 1099-K, select 1099-K.

Login to Me Too

esnorris6
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal hasn't generated a 1099-K for me. Meaning it's not there.

Login to Me Too

wbn
Contributor
Contributor

my screen does not have a "settings" item next to "log out" - I find log out on the home page under my name in the far right corner, it has account settings and profile settings, nothing called settings, and neither of those says anything at all about statments nor taxes.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @esnorris6, @WraithK, and @wbn,

Thank you for your posts, and welcome or welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you've had confusion and/or difficulty with the reporting for this tax season. I'll be happy to help!

The information about reporting thresholds is listed in this linked article. A couple of items to note:

• The information details the difference between 2022 and 2023. The current tax season is reporting for 2022, so the "old" thresholds apply. The new ones, post-change, apply to the tax reporting for this year, which will be reported next tax season. (Sometimes that bit is a little confusing, so I thought it best to call it out. 🙂 )
  • If you live Vermont, Massachusetts, Virginia, or Maryland, the thresholds are different, and there is specific information below the chart in that article for your states.
  • If you have any questions about whether or how to include the information in your tax filing, please consult a tax professional or contact the IRS for more information.

@wbn - The cog image is the thing to click on for Settings. Sorry for any confusion.

I hope that this all helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ellerydesigns

Hi Olivia! I made over the threshold but when I go to my Tax Statements area there is no 2022 1099 and when I click on 2021 and 2020 it says there is nothing to show, and I definitely got a 1099 last year as well. Why can I not view my 1099?

There is some sort of error in my account. @PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ellerydesigns,

Thank you for your post and welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing the 1099-K. 

Did you meet all the criteria? It's both the 200 Goods and Services transactions and the $20,000 that have to be hit. If you have exceeded both, please reach out to Customer Service for assistance. To find your contact options, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this can be straightened out quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Time4Changes
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal seems to have a major problem that they are not acknowledging!  I did several hundred thousand dollars with PayPal every year for the past 5+ years (and received/downloaded 1099-Ks each year so I know what I am doing) yet some glitch in their system is not only not showing the 2022 1099-K (it's Feb. 10th folks, tick, tick), but last year and all prior years are now missing!

Fix it please.

Login to Me Too

wbn
Contributor
Contributor

well, the yearly report shows 1422 entries, that's more than 200, but most are paying for postage, or charity, or fees and stuff from ebay.  it's certainly confusing, they will send the IRS a form and I'll have a heck of a time figuring out what to report and how.  it would sure be nice if they did any kind of organizing, wouldn't it.

Login to Me Too

dark14horse
Contributor
Contributor

Last year, I could access my 1099k, but today it says I have no tax documents. There is none for this year and the last 5 years. I have checked my account a few times, and there is nothing there. Any help on this?

Also, how do I find total goods/service transactions in the search? I need to know how to tell it hit $20k to generate a tax 1099k.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.