refund from seller still pending on paypal

knandor
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund from seller on 14th of March, becouse the seller did not have anymore the items, but the refund still pending and dont know why.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@knandor

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.

So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@knandor

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.

So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

knandor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. Its not an echeque. I have payd with my bank card through paypal account. My card is registred in my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

knandor
Contributor
Contributor

If the seller userd echeque, am I going to receive it also as money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@knandor

It doesn't matter how you paid. A seller can only send you a refund if he has cleared funds in his paypal account balance and if not then it comes from his bank account.

But you have to wait for the funds to clear from his bank account > paypal  > then its passed on to you and it will be marked as completed.

BUT if you funded that payment to him with a debit card then it will automatically go back there but will take another few days once completed to show up in your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

knandor
Contributor
Contributor

The seller requested also cancellation of the order on Ebay, where I should mark when I received the refund. But the refund still pending. Should I agree the cancellateion with the pending status of the amount on my account?

Login to Me Too

goonered
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I've had a refund of £24.00 from Jamie Rush 

This is showing on my PayPal account.

Will this be deducted rom my next purchase of £69.00 - as the situation is not clear.

Could you clarify please.

This is the first time I've received a refund and am not sure what the proceedure is.

Many thanks,

Eddie Hopper

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi goonered,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When you make a payment with your bank account or directly with your balance on PayPal any refunds will be added to your balance. You can then withdraw that money to your bank account by clicking ' Withdraw money' or you can leave the money where it is and it will be used for your next payment in the same currency.

If you make a payment for more than the amount available we will partially charge your card or bank to cover the rest.

I hope I have answered your question.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.