refund from completed transaction

ck1662
New Community Member
Hi, I recently made a payment indirectly from my bank account through PayPal to a third party. I have since been in touch with the third party requesting a refund. I have been granted a refund and yet this does not show on my PayPal balance which I expected it to do so. Can anyone tell me why please.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

billiewonker
Contributor
Contributor

They clearly havn't issued the refund yet if nothing is showing in your paypal history.  I just recently received a refund and you should almost instantly receive and email confiming you have been sent funds and this transaction would then show in Paypal.  Also If you have to return an item, the seller will not refund until they have received the item back.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

Ck1662, the refund won’t be instant if the funds are still clearing from your bank account.  

The funds take 5-7 working days to clear from your bank account, so if the refund was issued within the 5-7 working days from the date of your payment then you will have to wait the full 5-7 working days for the funds to credit to your PayPal account balance. I hope that makes sense!

You would see the refund on hold though in your PayPal history as billiewonker says.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.