"Canceled - Payment received" with strikethrough

rudolphd
Contributor
Contributor

What does this mean ? Where price is in strikethrough text ? 

I also don't see that money on my paypal. Does this mean that the refund was canceled by the seller ?

refund.png

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rudolphd

Looks like the refund from the ebay seller failed to clear from their bank account.

Contact ebay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rudolphd
Contributor
Contributor

Should I contact ebay staff  ? Or the person who refunded me ?

Because this seller independently asked for my email to refund and I don't think it was done via ebay refund function..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rudolphd

Contact the seller first, you can get her phone number via ebay > advanced search > contact member left side of page > fill in the info and ebay will email you their phone details.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rudolphd
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@rudolphd

Contact the seller first, you can get her phone number via ebay > advanced search > contact member left side of page > fill in the info and ebay will email you their phone details.

I just contacted the seller and he says that everything is OK, and he refunded the amount to my paypal email.

"But as we checked,we have processed the refund to your ..."

I don't know what else can I ask him about this. Maybe this is paypal problem...

I could only find 2 results with this kind of message in google... "Canceled - Payment received", so this is very rare thing...

Other transactions have + or - to them, but this one is just striked out

btw, this is what he sent back the first time he couldn't refund me

• Thank you for getting back to us. We are so sorry about the problem,. But we could not refund the money to you by the original paypal,ebay freeze the payment,so we would like to refund the money to your paypal directly,could you please kindly confirm your mail address to us for the payment,and we will process the refund for you then,is that ok for you? We apolgoize for the inconvenience. Looking forward to your reply. Best regards.

So they sent money back through paypal email.

Someone having similar problem: /t5/About-eBay/Non-payment-glitch/td-p/1026973\

But on my paypal it doesn't show 'payment was cancelled by sender', just Canceled - payment received

Login to Me Too

rudolphd
Contributor
Contributor

rudolphd
Contributor
Contributor

I checked the old paypal view and there it was clearly written that the sender had cancelled the payment and it was returned back.... New paypal version should fix this cheap looking GUI, because I had to switch back to see what really happened.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.