Question about Gearbest cancellation situation

Marmite1
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item that I no longer need from Gearbest, I've asked for the order to be cancelled and they've passed it onto the seller to remove the order and they say this could take 1-2 days and from the email which is in broken english (which I don't blame them for) they said 'it is not sure to block successfully at this time.' . However, I'm worried as my order could be dispatched at any time (from what I've heard it could be 24-48 hours or up to a month for some) thus me not being eligible for a refund anymore.

What should I do here? I'm worried about the item getting shipped anyway and even if they've said it will be removed from their shipping line I'm still worried due to how unreliable they've been for some. Would it be extreme to open a PP dispute for this? Or should I just wait it out and hope for the best?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @Marmite1,

Good question and welcome to the community. If you are at all concerned then you can certainly open a dispute through the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account. To note, you do have 180 days to report a problem with a transaction so don't worry. I do want to add that we don't have a disputes process if you decide that you no longer want an item, this is something you would need to resolve directly with a merchant. We do however have a process in place if you do not receive your item or your item is not as described. Here's some further information https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/topic/REPORT_A_PROBLEM. 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Hasnat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

In addition to the advice above, even if they ship the item out as per your cancellation request, you can refuse delivery. Please let the merchant know that you are doing this before hand as they did not adhere to your request. When you are not in receipt of the item then you are automatically eligible for a refund for no goods being received. 

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.