IF YOU EVER BEEN RIPPED OFF BY PAYPAL COMMENT HERE!!!

Yngvar10
New Community Member

ONCE AGAIN RIPPED OFF BY PAYPAL!

THE BUYER CAN OPEN A CASE IMMEDIATELY AFTER BUYING AN ITEM

AND NOW THE BUYER CAN GET A FULL REFUND WITHOUT EVEN RETURNING THE ITEM

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN MY LAST DISPUTE CASE, I COULD NOT BELEIVE IT!

EVEN PROVIDING A TRACKING NUMBER DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FUNDS WILL

BE RETURNED BACK TO YOU! I LOST MONEY IN MY 2ND TO LAST CASE THROUGH THEIR INABILITY TO FOLLOW A PERFECTLY GOOD TRACKING NUMBER I GAVE THEM. 

CLEARLY NO COMMON SENSE IS APPLIED TO ANY OF THEIR CASE INVESTIGATIONS.

FOR THE >10% CUT THEY TAKE FROM EVERY TRANSACTION THAT IS CARRIED OUT THROUGH THEM

IS THIS REALLY A SERVICE?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

neishy
New Community Member

There is no seller protection and scam buyers know this, they know they can raise a snad get the item , get a refund, leave a negative and there laughing !

There are even websites that tell you how to buy of E bay and never pay a penny , alot of sellers just give them a refund and let them keep the item there so scared of negatives and loosing their E bay account they give into the fraud,

Check out You tube to hear all the horror stories  until E bay and paypal stop this crazy system of just automatically finding in favour of the buyer I think its a dangerous place to sell

I know alot of sellers are now moving to Etsy shops and not accepting Paypal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

PayPal_barry

Hi there, I can clearly see that you are upset at the way we have been handling the cases, and our Buyer/Seller Protection coverage. From your post, I would imagine that one of your cases is for Item Not as Described. In a case like that, the only circumstances where we would not ask a buyer to return the item is when there has been no reply from the seller (after several requests), the item would be hazardous or dangerous if posted back e.g. broken glass, cracked battery or if the item has been confirmed as a fake or counterfeit (it is illegal for someone to knowingly post fraud items).

The other case would seem to be non-receipt. Once we have a confirmation of delivery of the item to the registered shipping address, there should be no need to take your funds. There is always an appeal option for you, should the tracking or postage you used now confirm delivery to the buyer. We are also more than happy to work with any seller, or buyer, who wishes to appeal or get more assistance on a case.

Login to Me Too

slade666
Contributor
Contributor

that paypal mod guy is talking rubbish there is NO SELLER PROTECTION WHATSOEVER ONLY BUYERS GET MONEY BACK SELLERS GET RIPPED OFF AND YOU DO NOTHING !!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Holly1978
Contributor
Contributor

Hi that is not strickly true,I am a buyer,I returned a wrong item,that was sent and sent recorded, it went to china,delivery was attempted but failed,I showed proof of posting to paypal whom still denied me refund lost over £50,discusting.I even appealed and still denied!!!!

Login to Me Too

xr8tracey
Contributor
Contributor

that is so wrong

Login to Me Too

temp20180725n
Contributor
Contributor

yes this is true i was ripped off by paypal in 2008! a nigerian bid on my item collected it then cancelled the payment, paypal took the money from my credit card, my bank then took it back, paypal then resorted to debt collectors  to take money that was not theirs to take.

Login to Me Too

666-_
New Community Member

Ive ALWAYS been ripped off by PAYPAL. I tried forever to get my money back the last time someone gave me a gift of money on paypal. I never got to use it and evenutally they took it back saying I could no longer use it. I dont recall why but every time I tried to log on and get the money they said their was something wrong with the account so I never got to use it, it was a christmas present frommy daughter. Now they make getting money really confusing. You think you have to ask for a refund to get your money but what you are really dong is giving the money back to the buyer and then he has to send it back to you again and ithe balance owed to you just keeps getting sducked up by thier chargges. I am writtng the attorney general of theri corposrate hqtrs to file a formal complaint becuase this is a slick way of frauding people. NOONE wants to HAVE to give your pass wrod to your bank ACCOUNT to anyone either and they actually ask for it to sign your bank account up with them. I WAS SHOCKED!! They are the worst rip offs out there today and I cant imagine why they havent had at least one class action law suit against them

Login to Me Too

mandy2014
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, (I am new to all this & lost, confused), In my 50's and Paypal are not helping at all. well I am not sure if I am about to get ripped off by someone, being it by paypal or the seller of an on-line e-shop, So really I need advice please. I raised a dispute, then went to a claim. As I ordered 4 items from the same e-shop/seller. Anyway in the end Both the seller and me (buyer) agreed that I pay for 3 items and keep but the fan I ordered £139.99 was not sent but a cheaper version. All agreed after I WON my claim with paypal, I agreed to return the cheaper fan £69.99 for a re-fund. Done that provided a tracking and sign for details to paypal. Paypal is now telling me I have to send all back for a full refund, But the seller and I agree to a PART RE-FUND paypal, (paypal you to try and sort thing's out), we did now paypal have gone against our decision..when all that is needed is a replacement fan or simply £139.99. re-fund .It's already cost me extra £14.00 to return the fan, now paypal say I must phone them (which will cost me even MORE LOSS of money). It's a simply case of FAN Reurned credit me for £139.99 claim done, closed lets all move on. I have contacted paypal via e-mail after e-mail and get an auto response. I thought when I started the Claim I clicked the part-refund, but wondering if full button was selected instead, I can NOT go back and check, Paypal will not respond or if an error was made correct to part re-fund as AGREED by both parties Seller and me. I have sent attachments from the seller, paypal do not except attachments, so sent a copy to prove I am NOT A LIER, NO response. can not find means of uploading. It's cheaper to e-mail then keep phoning. Should I just OPEN up a 2nd CLAIM and check/double check select Part Re-fund and start all over again. I am so confussed and paypal are really NOT helping at all,  This has been dragging on for 3 weeks or more now. Will I lose out or end up losing the fan, my £139.99 be a Scam victim by this e-shop and paypal ? HELP please anyone. As said ALL TRACKING details sent to paypal. Am I about to be a scam victim of both companies because I am in my 50's, female, newbie. Many thanks for any help or advice

Mandy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you go to paypal and file for item received but not as described then you have to return the FULL ORDER to the seller.

If you negotiate something between yourself and the seller then there is no reason why the seller can't refund you on receipt of the item but you have lost buyer protection as paypal would have told you to return the lot.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fusilier
Contributor
Contributor

REFUND DENIED!

BE WARNED BUYER BEWARE!

I live in Australia and purchased from EBay two Rainbow Rainmates from America. Now having big problems!

USA version of Rainmate does not work with USA to AUSTRALIAN power adapter.

I used a USA to Australian power adapters. All of good quality) which I use for my USA made security system.

GUESS WHAT! Both motors burnt out on the air purifiers.  Now I'm in dispute with the seller.

Got adapters checked out by an electrician he said they were okay, Must be problem with electrics of the purifiers.

SO BE WARNED !

Re my claim.

Item cost US$107.

Senders postage US$52, For which I paid for.

Buyers return postage US$87.

Total postage cost. US$139.

Benefit to me, Nil US$

Due to the postage cost AU$87It's not worth the hassle of returning items to sender. Especially for me having to pay for gas to travel to Post Office, Packaging Etc. And a non-refundable postage for me, After all I will only get a refund of less than US$20.

The seller had on his/her eBay page, that items are "NO RETURNS" And yet he/her offered to accept returns suggesting that he/her is doing it out of good will and as a favor for me.

Question I ask is, I believe I would have got a full refund if seller had stuck to his "NO RETURNS CLAIM" So why did seller move the goal posts and change mind? Thinking that they were doing me a favour !

Why did PayPal say they would only give me refund for item only providing tracking number and sender has received returned item. And not for postage, when yet, I read on your claims page that when a claim is successful I will also receive refund of postage?

I even have independent report from Rainbow in Australia confirming that items are faulty. PayPal never requested from me to provide them with that evidence. I have always paid through PayPal. But when it comes to the crunch you seem to be wiggling your way out of paying full refund including postage to me by making me jump through hoops.

Not happy PayPal !

Terence Wilson-Winship

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.