Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

nicholas787m
New Community Member

thay have had me too for several months by the look of things,how can thay do this ?and get away with it ,i dont even have anything to do with facebook,its just robbery in my book..Ive now been hold for 45mins with lloyds tsb.there busy wonder why.

Login to Me Too

hector5
New Community Member

I just got done for 250 dollars by this scam ,wait ing on paypal to reply

If this has been going on since last year .I ask why haven;t paypal done something about it?

Login to Me Too

JulieLaura
Contributor
Contributor

I came across your forum in a search. I've also had money taken from my account without permission. I'm not sure if it's connected to PayPal though. I noticed money missing from my account, when I looked at the details this is what it says on my statement...

FACEBOOK.COM*YWWW3  -£125.18

IRELAND

Is this the sort of thing you guys have experiencedI've never given my card details to Facebook, or a company in Ireland! I use PayPal a lot though. I've reported it to the fraud dept at my bankI'll let you know if hear any thing back. By the way, I've already had the money refunded from Barclays and I only reported it this morning. Forget  about complaning to Facebook and PayPal, it will take forever - report it straight to the fraud dept at your bank and let  them and the police deal with it. You'll get your money back a lot quicker and get these c***s stopped (whoever they are)

Login to Me Too

katf413
Contributor
Contributor

Hi !!

I'm french so excuse me for my mistakes.

I have the same problem like you. 75€ * 2 debits on my account. I've deleted my card on paypal and i've open a dispute.

Paypal refound on my account the sum quickly. So it's ok now. But i ask them some explanations but i've got an automatic email without a truly answer.

I don't know if i put again my card on paypal because it's a real security problem !! Someone here, who had the same problem, have put again their credit card on paypal ? Do you have again some unauthorized debit since then ?

I buy on ebay and they want a paypal payement so i don't know what to do....

If i block facebook ireland on my bank, do you think this can resolve the problem ? I ask the same thing at paypal, no answer for the moment

Login to Me Too

JulieLaura
Contributor
Contributor

You need to contact your bank and report the fraud on your account

Login to Me Too

apshep
Contributor
Contributor
You also need to change your password on your ebay and paypal accounts. When my account was hijacked to create payments to Facebook Ireland I also found that my Hotmail account had been hijacked (stupidly using same passwords for both!). Make sure you use different passwords for each.
Login to Me Too

lewistse

hi,

i got same case in this morning, and i am from hong kong,

facebook ireland take my money with no reason, i did not use any facebook ads, and i did not play any game on facebook.

then i search out this forum.

i sure this is a really scam, and anyone can tell me do you received the refund from paypal in this **bleep**?

thank you

Login to Me Too

Shopper13
I have just had the same thing happen! I have not clicked on any games, I have no idea how this happened!!
Login to Me Too

darth
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone taken their computer for repairs before they were scammed? Just a thought.

Login to Me Too

JulieLaura
Contributor
Contributor

I've never had mine repaired

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.