Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

PayPal_david

Hi there Rivonia2000,

What you should do is locate the transaction on your PayPal account and then click the 'Details' option beside the payment. You should then be able to see exactly what you have been charged for. If you are unaware of any purchase sent to Facebook from your account, you should be able to file an unauthorised transaction investigation on the payment through your Resolution Centre.

You can also contact us directly if you wish by clicking the 'Contact Us' link. From here, you can then click the 'Call Us'  or 'Email Us'  link in order to contact us directly for more information.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

gloworm

Hi David

I have also been hit by this scam, how in the **bleep** did someone get into my banking details through PayPal......I thought it was a secure sight????

And what chance do I have of having my money returned?

I have lodged a complaint through thr resolution centre but do not hold out much hope there!!!

I rarely use Face Book or PayPal..............so can someone please explain

Terry

Login to Me Too

sohnpalsingh
New Community Member

I have ask  for my cash to be refound back to my   account   for £14.82  For   PAYPAL *FACEBOOKIRCD 8210 it was ou on July 3rd 2014  This is my Bank info    for the Cash to come back on to my account  .   my  bank account . My account number is  xxxxxx32   SC  1xxxxxx1

Can you let me no when  the Refound  is done

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi sohnpalsingh,

I know refund process and time frames can be confusing. I will try to explain how a refund works on PayPal system.

I would like to remind you, for security reasons I don’t recommend giving your bank account details publicly.

Refund time frame can be different depending on the payment method. If the payment was funded by a credit card, the refund should appear in your card account within 5-7 working days of the refund date but depending on your card issuer it could take as long as 30 days.

If it is a balance payment then refund will be instant, funds will refunded to your PayPal balance instantly.

I hope this info helps!

Thanks for posting.

Arda

Login to Me Too

ageha
New Community Member

I had 2 similar transaction all happened within the last 2 weeks.  Is this a new kind of scam?  How on earch did those people had access to my paypal account to authorized the payment?

Login to Me Too

Thankyou
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I just had same problem.

I used to buy Zynga chips to my friend via Facebook. And today he made his paypal account and tired to pay via his paypal account and he noticed that payment went buy it self. After that we realized that it was charging from my paypal account without asking password. I tried to reset the password and security question and it did not helped, it is still charging my paypal account without asking me to login ... I just raised the dispute on all transaction label "Facebook Ireland" I'm waiting for paypal to respond.

P:S. srry for bad english

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

As far as I konw you set up a billing agreement on your PayPal account to send payments to facebook, this gives them authorisation to take a monthly amount from your account and sometimes you can authorise them to take additional payments, you should always check what you're setting up

If you want to view of stop your billing agreements follow the below steps:

Here's how to cancel a Payment agreement:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My Pre-approved Payments' under 'Financial Information.' (Don't see this step? Follow the instructions below.)
  4. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the Payment agreement you want to cancel.
  5. Click 'Cancel.'

Or

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My money.'
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'My pre-approved payments.'
  5. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the Payment agreement you want to cancel.
  6. Click 'Cancel.'
Login to Me Too

Thankyou
Contributor
Contributor

I am at paypal.com, I don't have these options under  "My Account" -> "Financial Information".

I quit subcription in facebook -> Account -> Account Settings -> Payments -> Payment Method -> Manage.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Yes, you can always cancel your subscription directly through the merchant as well, cheers for the facebook steps! 🙂

If you don't have 'financial information' try the second list of steps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.