Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

k8upl8

I do have separate id and passwords for facebook and paypal.. very diferent... but apparently having used paypal once for a game payment, facebook ireland have managed to use this informtion to get more payments which are not authorised.  Doesn't seem at all secure to me at all and I am considering closing my paypal account.

Anyone else feel this strongly?

@parleycross wrote:

I agree with the post that advises against the same userid and password for Paypal as less secure sites.

If you use the combination on everything, and login to facebook or something similar on a less secure computer someone can find out your userid and password and try it on other sites where money can be transferred.

I recommend having separate userids and passwords for financial sites such as PAypal and banking sites to what you use on facebook and other websites.

Login to Me Too

k8upl8

I agree...  I am shocked at how insecure paypal suddenly seems.    What other payment methods are more secure?

Login to Me Too

123McLeish
New Community Member

I had an Ad Campaign running with Facebook, which billed around £30 a day - all that was expected. Then a week after the Ad campaign was completed, I got a random charge for £19.

I reckon this is Facebook Ireland's fault. However, I have opened a case with Facebook AND PayPal - let's have them fight it out ONCE AGAIN.

Meanwhile I recommend Paypal put a permanent end to this by working with Facebook. Evidently they're billing people who have never given their details to Facebook.

Login to Me Too

claushaus

The exact same has happened to me. 

I asked paypal to investigate but they have not responded. 

It has now come out of my bank account. 

What should i Do?

Login to Me Too

jaguar72

i think its them games u go on with facebook my son did it bought cash through my paypal account

Login to Me Too

k8upl8

I have had the same problem this week with a payment gone from my account for Facebook Ireland for £35.  I know nothing about the payment.   However I disputed this payment and have had a refund.   Having read through everyones helpful comments and tips I have also gone into my paypal account and have inactivated Facebook Ireland, I have also gone into my facebook profile as suggested and have removed my paypal details.

I am really happy and impressed with how paypal refunded my money so quickly.  However it is seriously worrying that so many people are suffering from these payments going out to facebook ireland on a bogus previously arranged bill agreement.   Surely paypal should look into this company more closely and not just trying to resolve each dispute.  I have a horrid feeling that lots of people are missing these payments going out and are in blissful ignorance of this scam.

It needs sorting!!!!!

Good luck everyone in stopping them in this scam.

Login to Me Too

Travince
Contributor
Contributor
Just been hit by this scam. 5 transactions totaling around $ 30 this morning. Never agreed to a subscription payment with any company let alone a facebook site for credits. So how did it happen? This hardly seems worth the scam. I appreciate these add up but really? Is there any planned recourse or a site for a class action against Pay pal or Facebook. PayPal because it allows this activity as a default or has taken no action to prevent it. Facebook Ireland for thinking someone would be interested in buying their credits!
Login to Me Too

inapot
Contributor
Contributor

i just checked my bank statement to find i have been a victim of this scam too.

i had 2 identical payments of 31.61 taken on the same day but they were refunded...then on the same day 3 payments of 63.23 were taken 16 minutues a total of £189.69!!!

i do not buy credits, i have played poker before but NEVER bought credits....

i contacted Paypal and was told that it was to "facebook Ireland Ltd "and i should talk to them????

the paypal contact told me that facebook ireland had now been stopped from taking any more payments

i have raised a resolution dispute and am keeping my fingers crossed.

will inform the bank on monday .

Login to Me Too

Travince
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Just an update on what happened to my account. I removed my so called subscription details and deleted (and cancelled ...grrrr) my visa card details. PayPal resolved the logged case and had the monies refunded. No details were provided. So good luck with your claim, you should get it back Regards
Login to Me Too

inapot
Contributor
Contributor

i received a refund from Paypal within 48 hours....well done for that...but it really needs to be looked at to prevent it happening again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.