Refund posted to Paypal account but does not show in balance

TeABaG_
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple of items from Advance auto parts and paid via my Paypal account (paid through my bank account).  One of the items I returned on 8/15 and a refund from Advance was posted (and completed) to my account on 8/16.  The status of the refund is listed as completed for around $27 but my account has a blance of $0.  It does not appear to of went to my bank account and I had thought that it would go to my PayPal account.  Does it take more than two days for the amount to show up in your balance even after the status of the refund is completed?

Thanks for the help,

Eric

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TeABaG_
Contributor
Contributor

In case anyone else runs into this same issue, my refunded balance did finally show up in my account.  It just took a couple of extra days (around 4 business days).  So I just gave it some more time and it did show up.  The issue was not that I had made other Paypal transacations which would use up the balance, it was that it took a couple of days for the balance to go to my account even after the refund was listed as "completed".

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello TeABaG_

Welcome.  If you have received a refund that was originally funded with your bank account then the refund would have posted to your PayPal balance as we can not automatically send the funds back to your bank.

If your account balance is now showing $0.00 then most likely you have made other transactions since the refund completed and you have used the refund as a credit to pay towards newer purchases you have made.  You can verify this by checking your 'History'.  In the future, if you receive a refund to your PayPal balance, and you would like to place these funds back into your bank account, you will need to use the 'Withdraw' button located in your PayPal account.

Thanks for taking part in our community and I wish you well.

KB

Login to Me Too

rchap128

I am waiting on a refund to my CC. My PP acount says tranasction complete with a balance of 0. Where did the money go? I have not purchased any thing since on ebay until this one is cleared.

Login to Me Too

amyj

I paid for an item on EBay and immediately seller was removed from EBay due to risk, and I was notified to stop payment if possible.   I contacted Paypal Customer Service at Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center" and got a great rep to walk me through resolution.  It did take about two days, but my account was refunded.  This was just today.  Hope it helps.

Login to Me Too
Solved

TeABaG_
Contributor
Contributor

In case anyone else runs into this same issue, my refunded balance did finally show up in my account.  It just took a couple of extra days (around 4 business days).  So I just gave it some more time and it did show up.  The issue was not that I had made other Paypal transacations which would use up the balance, it was that it took a couple of days for the balance to go to my account even after the refund was listed as "completed".

Login to Me Too

TeABaG_
Contributor
Contributor

Kevin,

This was not the case.  Please see my reply below.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

augie2
Contributor
Contributor

My refund is almost a month old but has never shown up on my account anywhere.   Emails from PayPal advice me of a refund was issued but it has NEVER been posted on my account and all my purchases have come directly from my bank account.   So, saying it was used is not correct in my case nor do I believe the original poster spent his that quickly either but it was not posted for him.

Why then are there no phone numbers or any other way to communicate with PayPal ?   Your a PayPal moderator so please explain that to us.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Log into you paypal account and click on the "contact tus" link on the botom of the page.  

Login to Me Too

augie2
Contributor
Contributor

I have used the "Contact Us" button a few times and always receive the below message;

"

Hello XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,  (I X'ed out name info)

We want to help you but we're not able to respond directly to emails
sent to this address.

One of the best ways to get answers to your questions is to go to the
PayPal website and visit the Help Center by clicking "Help" at the top
of the page."

Login to Me Too

amyj

I had a good response from PayPal.  But also received their customer service number from my bank.  Here it is  Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center",  Amy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.