How do I get a refund on a charge that doesn't show on my PayPal account?

travieza

I received an email from the seller saying that they are having trouble with their PayPal account, that they cannot log in and have been locked out. To lodge my complaint to get my money back. My credit card has been charged, but I can't get my money back. The transaction isn't showing on my PayPal account.  Please help!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Andy

travieza- I'm assuming (and I know you're not supposed to do that) that you made the payment outside of your PayPal account on the merchant's website?  That would be the only reason I can think of why you wouldn't be able to see it in your account.  If you have the original email receipt you should be able to file a dispute from there; if not, give our customer service a call and we can take care of it.  We might need the full credit card number you used to make the payment with so we can find it, but it's definitely doable.

Andy

Login to Me Too

duckles
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid using a non-paypal credit card, ignore what the seller said and file a dispute with the bank that provides your credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.