paypal hold **bleep**ed over me- 18 positive ratings, no negative now they place a hold?

sharon63
Contributor
Contributor

Wth!!! I'm being forced to stop selling on Ebay.unless I can find another way to accept payment. I don't understand why they "out of the blue" add a 21 day hold on my account. They told me to ship quickly and they'll remove it?????????? I am not shipping anything until I receive the shipping money (from which the buyer pays me to ship with) - -half the time I don't have money to spend  anyway until it hits my bank account. Now I'll have to wait 21 days??? Well the buyer from Ebay would absolutely get **bleep** if I waited that long to ship and I would'nt blame them. Then I'd have to include in the description/selling policy -there is a 21 day delay because of this "hold" before shipping anyway so there's a really good chance no one would buy from me anyway. And I'm sure they're going to wonder why my account even has a "hold"...........not good 😞

I have been selling on Ebay for years ,just part time. I'm disabled and try to make a few extra dollars-I get 268.00 per month social security disability........... wow let's **bleep** her !! WTG Paypal-you succeeded!   Not one negative mark towards me and this is the tanks I get. as soon as this one deposit gets in my bank -my account will be closed.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I understand, I am here to make friends and contribute and help people.
But, I want to add (Policy Changes) are given about 3-4 months before that policy goes into effect.

The main thing is, EBAY - Not PayPal.

A simple solution is iOffer.com  Etsy.com  Amazon.com

With those 3 together, you can turn as much sales as eBay - They charge lesser fee's (iOffer is pricey on fee's)

But, on eBay, I have sold about 200$ this month.. iOffer I have sold near 1k this month -  So iOffer is the route to take, and there are no holds.    Etsy is new, and not many people.   Amazon Auctions is a good solution.

I am also a web-store designer if I can be assistance in setting up a store for you, I expect nothing in return except you spread the word about my great work, one of my recent clients buyingsilverdollars.com/zencart

Login to Me Too

PatrickJoy
Contributor
Contributor

I did not see an email, notice, or anything of the sort regarding any kind of policy change on either PayPal or eBay's part.  This has come completely out of the blue and even if it is eBay behind it all, PayPal is the one still holding my money when I have done everything in my power to do what they asked of me. 

The only thing I haven't done is buy a printing label THROUGH them, which is blackmail.

I understand you're trying to be helpful and I do appreciate that.  I will definitely check out iOffer and the other sites, and I have an Amazon account too so I'll definitely look into that.  But, as soon as the money clears that I have still pending with my sales using PayPal, you can be sure I will NOT use them anymore and will encourage everyone I know not to use them because of this policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.