Selling on Ebay

cuz
New Community Member

I want to sell a item on ebay but I'm a little concerned. I know somone who sold somthing, mailed it, took the money he recieved out of his account. Then later papal wanted the money back because the buyer used a stolen card. How does something like that happen? Is there a way to ensure something like that does not happen?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bassman59

No, there's no way to protect against it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi cuz, and welcome to the forums!

PayPal offers Seller Protection to protect you from loss in situations just like that. In order to qualify for Seller Protection, you just have to make sure you fulfill some guidelines that are created to help reduce the probability of loss due to either fraud or buyer dissatisfaction.

For instance, a few of those guidelines include shipping with tracking that can be viewed online, getting signature confirmation for transactions of $250 or more, and shipping only to the address in the PayPal transaction details. To learn all of the specifics, click here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.