Paypal not accepting any customer credit cards

Dinnigan
New Community Member

Hey,

I started trading online using Paypal for payments two weeks ago. Everything had been running smoothly with 4-5 sales a day. However, in the last 2 days no sales came through but i was still receiving a lot of order requests, just none of them were completing payments.

Last night i received a mail from a customer saying they'd tried several credit cards and none were accepted by paypal. I then tried my personal card, my mother tried her card and my girlfriend hers and none were accepted. For all the rejections we received the following message:

'The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.'

Our cards are perfectly fine and so are the cards of the customer who got in contact. This obviously explains why no orders were confirmed. Does anyone know whats after happening to my account? I contacted Paypal support and they said my account is setup to accept credit card payments and there should be no problem. They directed me to technical support who i am waiting on for a response.

I'm just worried as I'm involved in a seasonal business and if this isn't sorted today it'll be Monday at the earliest and I'll be losing even more sales. The website is www.christmasjumpers.org

I'd appreciate help/suggestions.

Thanks very much,

Rory

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

MQTech
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Boatbuilder,

Don't waste your time, my customer is a big company in US, they have called Paypal and the only way to pay with their credit card is to confirm their credit card with Paypal (Paypal makes a small amount credit on the card with a 4 digits code, you have to contact your credit card issuer to take these code and key in from your Paypal account) .

By the way can you tell me a little bit about Google Checkout service ? I have seen somewhere but never use it, I think it's better to find an alternative solution to avoid total dependency on Paypal service

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Boatbuilder,

Good question! If your UK customer goes to https://www.paypal.co.uk and clicks Contact Us, he will be given a Customer Solutions number in the UK.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.