Payment Hold-Are we going to do anything about it???

mdauctionsltd
Contributor
Contributor

So as a seller with a 100% feedback rating, who has been using Paypal faithfully since day 1, I now feel like I'm getting the proverbial "shaft". I am supposed to ship my items promptly, package them with care, and make sure the buyer is happy. All while Paypal hold our money in their bank account, earning interest on it. So what can we do? I suggest we all go back to the days of accepting money orders and check only. I would rather wait to ship an item for 7-10 days while a check clears, than ship it immediately and wait 21 days for MY MONEY. So beginning with my next batch of items, that is exactly what I'm going to do. And I'm going to clearly state in my auctions why Paypal will no longer be accepted. Anyone with any common sense will agree that it is not feasable to try to run a business where you provide a service, and then not get paid for 3 weeks afterwards. But unless everyone follows suit, Paypal is going to continue this absurd practice.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

IAmBrandon
New Community Member

I agree, I was hit with this just yesterday. I don't understand how PayPal expects me to ship my product when they are holding the money that was meant to pay for shipping. I am just going to send the customer an email explaining to them why I cannot ship their product and issue a refund and sell on Craigslist instead.

Login to Me Too

mdauctionsltd
Contributor
Contributor

I think that's the only way Paypal is going to take its customers seriously.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.