Webhooks for cancelled recurring payment

fatkmember
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I had some questions while reading the webhooks doc https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/webhooks/event-names/#billing-plans-and-agreeme...

If I have a recurring payment set up in my website and someone pays but cancels a few days later (after I received the money), I assume that I would receive the BILLING_AGREEMENTS.AGREEMENT.CANCELLED & BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.CANCELLED webhook. 

But say someone signs up for the recurring payment but cancels shortly after (BEFORE I receive the money). What webhook would I get back in that case? Would it just be BILLING_AGREEMENTS.AGREEMENT.CANCELLED? And not BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.CANCELLED since subscription has not started? 

Or would I receive both BILLING_AGREEMENTS.AGREEMENT.CANCELLED & BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.CANCELLED, just like the case when the user cancelled after I received the money? 

If I do receive the same webhooks, is there a way to know if the cancellation was after I received the money or before? 

Basically, I would like to know if I can find out whether the recurring payment was cancelled BEFORE or AFTER I received the money using webhooks. 

Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.