webhook not send update notification

daniele_gusmini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I activated webhooks to receive payment notifications from PayPal.
I'm on sandbox state.
webhook.png

I receive several calls on the server, e.g. with action "ACTIVATED", "CREATED" and "CANCELLED":
log.png

But I don't understand why I don't receive the renewal ones (BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.UPDATED)
For example, this payment was updated today, but I didn't receive any notification
payment.png

What am I getting wrong?

Thanks for your support

Daniele

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

daniele_gusmini
Contributor
Contributor

some more data
this recurring payment created yesterday was updated today
Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 18.24.29.png

On log page I have for this subscription CREATED and ACTIVATE webhook log, but not "UPDATE" log
Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 18.25.20.png
On my server I write a log for each call from the webhook, but there is no trace of the UPDATE one
Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 18.32.28.png

I don't know what else to do to make webhook send the notification

Regards

Daniele

Login to Me Too

daniele_gusmini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Has anyone ever had the same problem as me?

I tried to include in my script that receives the webhooks a check on both the PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED and PAYMENT.SALE.PENDING events

Looks like something now is sent from PayPal: when the subscription is automatically renewed, the webhook sends PAYMENT.SALE.PENDING to my script but not the PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED.
So how do I know if a payment has actually been successful and a subscription is paid and therefore extend the validity on my site?

Is it perhaps a limitation only due to the fact that I have sandbox active and not live?

Thank you

Daniele

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.